Positive+

Amara Cole is a business woman who aims to secure different streams of income: CEO, influencer and model are some of her occupations

Amara Cole is a business woman who aims to secure different streams of income: CEO, influencer and model are some of her occupations. Being the only girl in the family, her father Jack and brothers, Uriah and Jaden made sure she was sheltered from any danger.

Overprotective did not thoroughly describe how her father and brothers treated both her and her mother. Grace Cole is the head of the family, ensuring balance and order within her household as well as giving her daughter her freedom much to the dismay of the males in the family. Nobody, not even Jack dares to disrespect Grace, whatever she says goes. 

Jack and Grace were high school sweethearts who married young and started their family quickly with Uriah being born just 10 months after their honeymoon. Jack owned several tattoo parlours as well as barber shops where majority of the employees were people from his hood that just needed a fresh start.

Giving back to his community through several donations earned him a reputation throughout New York causing majority of the people to respect him. Grace was a stay-at-home mother who raised her children and held down the fort while Jack made the money. Her parents set an example of what black love is and watching them made Amara sure of what she wanted out of a relationship as well as a man. But as we all know 'you live and you learn' and boy did Amara learn a lot from past relationships.

"Bitch if you don't get your ass up, we're gonna fight" my wonderful best friend Mia shouted as she stood by my bed.

Groaning, I throw the covers over my head and try to go back to sleep before Mia yanks my leg causing me to hit the ground with a thud. Screaming loudly, I stand up and chase Mia who laughs and shouts "I'm sorry but I did warn you" as she runs down the stairs. "Bitch you know you wrong for that" I say as I lean against the walls trying to catch my breath.

Feeling a wave of nausea run through my body, I run to the guest bathroom, barely making it in time before puking my guts out.  Mia holds up my hair while rubbing my back before asking "You still sick? I told you to go get checked out." Waving her off, I flush the toilet before rinsing my mouth and wiping my face, responding "It's probably nothing serious, I told you I think I got alcohol poisoning from that club you dragged me to."

Giving her the side eye, Mia didn't believe her friend considering that it had been nearly a month and a half since they even went to the club. "Girl when you slept with that fine ass nigga did you make sure he wore a condom cause your ass ain't on no birth control" Mia asked concerned for her friend. Leaving the bathroom and heading towards the kitchen to make some breakfast, I ignore her, hoping that she would just let it go.

"I know you hear me talking to you" Mia said getting irritated before frowning at what I was eating; pickles and strawberry yogurt is a normal combination right? This further confirmed Mia's suspicions that Amara might be pregnant by the fine ass guy from the club. "You know what, you're taking a pregnancy test when we get to work" Mia stated not leaving any room for discussion. Knowing that my best friend was serious about this, I just groan out in frustration but don't object to the idea.

After taking a shower and getting dressed, I go downstairs to find Mia eating my grapes while watching Love Island. "I'm done, let's go" I say getting the keys to my 2020 Lamborghini truck before locking the door as we leave the house. "How the hell did you get here?" I ask Mia realising that her car wasn't in the drive-way. "Girl I got me an uber you know my car ain't never got gas in it" Mia exclaims as I turn on the car allowing her to connect her phone to the Bluetooth. Laughing at her, I bop my head to Positions by Ariana Grande as we make our way to a local target.

"Girl I got the pissy sticks now let's go see if Imma be an auntie" Mia smiles before putting a bag filled with pregnancy tests on her lap. Shaking my head, I look at her before asking "You do know I just need one not the whole fucking shelf?" as she shrugs her shoulders before asking about our next photo shoot with Gsuwoo. Parking my car, I admire my baby, House of Jade which is a beauty parlour that I built and ran successfully with the help of my two best friends. Mia and my other best friend Zo manage the parlour as partners with equal shares because we each individually contributed to its existence.

We have few but important employees: Crystal the receptionist, Nelly and Talia the hair dressers, Kayla and Dream the nail techs and Raya the masseuse. They all work hard and are paid generously weekly including the bonuses we give them throughout the year. House of Jade is very popular in New York; with people calling in weeks before to secure their appointments for service at a reasonable price.

Entering the building, Mia and I are greeted by our employees and their clients before Zo corners us on the way to our back office. "There better be a good reason why you bitches are walking in here 1 hour late" Zo asks while looking at us accusingly. "If you don't move your narrow behind out our way, we got shit we gotta handle" Mia announces while rolling her neck before Zo bucks at her. I just watch the interaction between my two best friends which is nothing out of the ordinary. Zo and Mia have a sibling-like relationship where they annoy each other one minute then love on each other the next minute.

Looking at us suspiciously, Zo notices the Target bag behind Mia's back peaking his interest. But Mia sees his motives and takes off running towards my office. By the time that I reach the office, boxes of pregnancy tests are scattered across the floor as Mia and Zo just look at me innocently. "I don't even wanna know" is all I say as I pick up three boxes before heading to the bathroom.

Placing the three boxes next to the toilet with shaky hands, I feel my anxiety get the best of me. My memories of that night were blurred and just thinking of the possibility of being a mother makes my stomach churn. Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, I sit on the toilet and take one pregnancy stick from each box making sure to seal it after using it. Placing the pregnancy sticks on the counter, I set an alarm on my phone before opening the door. Seeing the visible fear on my best face, Mia walks towards me before engulfing me in a warm hug "Whatever happens you already know we've got you" she says.

Hearing the alarm sound, Zo, Mia and I walk into the bathroom before a gasp and muffled cries echo through the four walls.