Flutters

Checking out my fit in the mirror, I brush over my waves for the last time before applying my cologne and collecting my phone as I head to the kitchen

Checking out my fit in the mirror, I brush over my waves for the last time before applying my cologne and collecting my phone as I head to the kitchen. "Good morning Maria" I say as I place a kiss on her cheek as she hands me my morning smoothie, a protein bar and a bottle of water; "Good morning mi hijo" she says smiling towards me.

"Are you ready to see your bebé" she asks while wiping the countertops as a wide smile spreads across my face; "I'm so excited Maria, I've already built a bond with this baby" I tell her as I finish off my apple. Spending a few more minutes talking to Maria before leaving the house and heading to Amara's house to pick her up for the doctor's appointment

Yeah, this album is dedicated to all the teachers that told me;

I'd never amount to nothin', to all the people that lived above the buildings;

That I was hustlin' in front of that called the police on me;

When I was just tryin' to make some money to feed my daughter;

And all the nigga in the struggle, you know what I'm saying?

I rap as Juicy by Biggie Smalls plays through the car causing me to bop my head to the beat; they don't make them like this no more. Pulling up to Amara's house I watch as she walks out of the house in an all-black outfit paired with fuzzy slippers; damn she's really glowing I think as I bite my lip. Hopping out the car, I walk towards her before pulling her into a hug "Hey baby mother" I say while rubbing her belly before placing a kiss on it; "Hey baby father, you're early" she says as I hold the door open, while helping her to enter the car. Backing up out of her driveway, I listen as she hums along to the song playing, "What you know about Biggie?" I ask jokingly; she rolls her eyes before saying "Boy I grew up in Brooklyn, this was my childhood."

I watch as Amara fills up a form as we sit in the in the reception area of her doctor's office, looking straight ahead I lock eyes with a little girl who lets out a squeal when I smile at her. "Amara Cole" a lady announces causing us to follow her into a room where she sits on a bed, "Climbing up on things is getting harder cause of this chubby ass baby" she complains as she rubs her lower back. "I've been telling you about all that shit you've been eating; you need to stop eating all that junk Amara" I say as she rolls her eyes before huffing at me.

"I haven't even been eating that bad, I just feel hungry all the time" she says while crossing her arms like her lil attitude is supposed to scare me; "Better keep that attitude in check, I'm just tryna help you baby mother" I explain before the doctor walks into the room. "Welcome back Amara, hello I'm assuming that you are the daddy" she says as she extends her hand towards me; "Yes I am, nice to meet you" I reply as we shake hands. "Okay Amara I need to take your weight and blood pressure so please come stand on this scale for me" the doctor announces as I help Amara off the bed.

"Looking at your charts, I'm a bit concerned because you're gaining more weight than expected for the period you are in your pregnancy. At 15 weeks pregnant, you need to slow down and try eat healthier and maybe join a yoga class or participate in low-impact activities. Due to this rapid weight gain, your blood pressure is slightly high so I'll have to give you medication to help with that, take it easy Amara don't overwork yourself. If this continues, you'll have a high-risk pregnancy which comes with so many more complications which we don't want love" the doctor explains kindly. Looking Amara directly, I watch ass she squirms under my gaze knowing I was right earlier, if she thought I was problem before, I'm about to watch her like a hawk.