Reality Check-Up

The past couple of days have been hard on me, after deciding to tell Reign about my pregnancy, he walked out not before telling me that he wanted nothing to do with me or the baby

The past couple of days have been hard on me, after deciding to tell Reign about my pregnancy, he walked out not before telling me that he wanted nothing to do with me or the baby. 'There's no way that's my baby, you're just tryna trap me. I don't want anything to do with either of you so don't hit my line no more' were his exact words.

Hearing him say that broke something in me and I vowed that from that day onwards, Reign Black was dead to me. Pulling up to my parent's house for our weekly Sunday dinners, I let out a deep breath knowing I was about to tell my dad and brothers about the pregnancy. Getting out of the car, I head towards the door before knocking on it and waiting for someone to answer.

"Hello my princess" my dad says as he pulls me into a tight hug before kissing my forehead; "Hey daddy, how you doing?" I ask as we walk towards the dining table. The smell of the lamb chops fills up the room earning a loud growl from my stomach; "Well someone is hungry, hie honey" my mom says as she brings the food to the table.

Hugging her, I ask if she needs help which she declines before calling my brothers from their game room, "So how's House of Jade?" my dada asks. "It's good, we're getting a lot more customers so we're thinking of opening a second shop" I explain before Uriah and Jaden enter the room making noise. "Hey fool, how does it feel carrying that big head around?" Uriah teases before Jaden slaps the back of his neck causing them to go back and forth like toddlers; "You better act right under my roof" is all my mother says causing them to sit down.

Sunday dinners with my family are the highlight of my week, spending time with them and just having genuine conversations is something I enjoy doing. "So, baby didn't you have something to tell your father and brother?" my mom asks as we eat ice cream in the living room. Clearing my throat, I turn around and say "Uhm so a couple of weeks ago I wasn't feeling well so I decided to go to the doctor where they told me that I was 6 weeks pregnant, well 10 now" before continuing to eat my bowl of ice-cream and pickle juice.

My dad chokes while my brothers look at me with shocked faces causing me to just shrug my shoulders; "I'm sorry what?" Uriah says before grabbing my bowl of ice cream and throwing it on the ground. Feeling my vision blur from the tears I hear both my parents shout at him as Jaden comes over to comfort me, offering me his own bowl of ice-cream.

After explaining the situation in more detail, my dad asks "Why didn't you tell me Amour?" while looking at me in disappointment; "Because I didn't want you looking at me like you're doing right now. I knew mom would understand so I told her first." Shaking his head my dad answers "I'm looking at you like this because I thought we were better than this, you know I'll never judge you. Does the dad know?"

That question alone increases my breathing rate as tears once again fill my eyes just as my mom comes to pull me into her arms. "He said he doesn't want the baby" I whisper as my voice breaks resulting in a deafening silence; "What's his name?" Jaden asks coldly as Uriah stands up to get his keys, "Where does he stay?" shaking my head, I tell them "It doesn't matter, he has made his decision and now he has to live with it" as finality sounds through my voice.

 "He said he doesn't want the baby" I whisper as my voice breaks resulting in a deafening silence; "What's his name?" Jaden asks coldly as Uriah stands up to get his keys, "Where does he stay?" shaking my head, I tell them "It doesn't matter, he h...

Amara's words echo through my mind as I sit in the studio listening to Easton recording music for his new album. Preoccupied by my thoughts I don't even realise East is talking to me until he waves a hand in front of my face, "Yo, you good my g?" Easton asks concern written across his face. Deciding to dodge the question I just nod my head, "You've been in a mood since you came in here, yo Mike give us a minute" he says before sitting across from me.

"I don't know man I'm just going through something" I said while running my hands down my face while exhaling loudly. "Just tell me what's going on so I can help you" he said before lighting up a blunt and passing it towards me causing me to take it before breathing it in; "Amara told me she's pregnant."

"Yo congratulations bro" Easton says before extending his hand to dap me up which I don't reciprocate, frowning he looks at me asking "You not happy to be a dad?" Puffing the blunt, I let the smoke fill up my lungs before exhaling, "I don't know how to feel, it was just supposed to be a one-night stand then she hits me with this" I answer sighing in frustration. "You acting like she did this on purpose, did you even use protection?" Easton asks getting angry with the way his best friend was handling the situation that was bringing about a miracle.

"I don't remember but she should've taken a Plan B, I'm not ready to be a dad man" I answer before passing him the blunt and throwing my head back; "Nigga you aren't ready or you just don't want to take responsibility?" he asks me honestly. Easton looks at me in confusion before shaking his head saying, "I know you didn't deny this baby, if you're feeling this way imagine how she's feeling."

Knowing that he's only being honest with me, I decide that I should leave; standing up and grabbing my things I say "Man you're blowing my high" closing the door before he has the time to answer.

Standing under the shower, I replay the events of my date with Amara, the beginning was great but what she said blindsided me. I can barely remember anything that happened the night we met but I wouldn't have thought I was dumb enough not to use protection with Amara. The look on her face after what I said in response to her 'surprise' is etched in my memory and pulls at the strings of my heart. Sighing I decide to finish my shower and continue with the rest of my night routine before going through my phone while lying on my bed in the dark room.

Scrolling through Instagram, a post captures my attention causing me to click on it but as I do I stare at a picture that has sealed my reality, no matter how much I try to deny it.

         📷INSTAGRAM POST: