Dinner Chronicles

Walking into Kairi's room, I find her playing with her toys as she murmurs lowly causing me to smile; bending down I snatch her up and throw her into the air earning me a fit of giggles before she wraps her little arms around my neck

Walking into Kairi's room, I find her playing with her toys as she murmurs lowly causing me to smile; bending down I snatch her up and throw her into the air earning me a fit of giggles before she wraps her little arms around my neck. Its moments like this that make all the drama with her mom irrelevant, she's all that matters and as long as she knows her dada loves her then I'm happy.

Carrying her to the bathroom, I run her bath water before asking my mom to give her a bath; "You going somewhere" she asks as she grabs Kairi from my arms. "Yeah, I'm going to meet up with Mia and her son at the Zoo" I tell her as I pick out Kairi's outfit before going to get ready myself.

Mia and I have grown closer, we've gone on more dates since our studio session and now we're always face timing and texting each other throughout the day. She definitely matches my energy and we are so different but perfect together, never did I think someone would make me feel like this in such a short amount of time. Our pasts are very similar, we've both had kids in crappy circumstances and I think that's what helps us understand each other and bond.

Finishing off my shower, I head to my closet to get my outfit for the day making sure it's comfortable before going downstairs to the kitchen to get some breakfast. Walking in I find my mom feeding Kairi as I sit down and begin eating myself; "So when am I gonna meet this Mia girl Easton?" my mom asks while side eyeing me, "Chill ma, I'll bring her over when she's comfortable enough to come.'' Looking up at me I can tell she's still sceptical about Mia, "Ma you know I would never have anyone sketchy around my daughter" I say as an attempt to calm her nerves as she changes the subject.

After listening to 'How far I'll go' and 'You're welcome' from the Moana soundtrack on repeat for the entire drive, I'm more than ready to switch off this car and get the hell out of it. Pulling up into the parking space at the Zoo, I call Mia to find out if she's already here:

               📞Phone Conversation:

E: Wassup Ma

M: Hey East

E: What I say about calling me that? Papi is more I like it

M: Boy if don't tell me why the hell you called me

E: Boy? Imma show you that I'm anything but a boy ma, just you wait

M: Yeah yeah East, whatchu want?

E: Yo chill, I was just calling to ask if you're here already

M: I just pulled up, where you at?

E: I'm right in front of the entrance come this side

M: Okay see you soon papi

With that she hangs up, causing me to look at my phone in shock before a smirk appears on my face knowing Imma make her pay for that. Texting my security, I let them know to come to the car now; because I'm with my daughter I gotta make sure I'm 100% safe cause I'd hate to hurt anyone over her. Seeing Mia pull up, I get out my car going to unstrap Kairi from her car seat, "You ready princess?" I ask her as she jumps into my arms; "Yes dada" she answers making me smile. "Ah there he goes, father of the year" Mia says causing me turn around to see her getting Yosohn out of the car, putting Kairi down I go over to help her with his stroller.