24|Broken

I made the picture above, I'm not done with it  obviously, but I'll be posting the finished product soon :)

TW for this chapter, just a heads up.

Get comfy, and as usual, enjoy!

1621 Words

—————————————————————————

When I was little, I remember how easy everything was. How simple making choices were. Having my mom by my side, and my dad sticking around.

I would do anything to talk to my mom again. I miss her so much. The more I thought about her the more dad showed up in my mind. I wondered how he was doing. It had been a while since I got anything from him... little did I know, I'd soon find out.

3͟:͟4͟5͟ A͟M͟:

I shot up with a gasp. I was sitting in a pool of my own sweat. Ever since I was about five I've had such vivid dreams, more specifically nightmares. I remembered each and every one of them. But there was always one that kept playing in my head.

'I'm standing in my kitchen back home, in America. My mom starts walking up to me to give me a hug, and all of the sudden she falls. My dad was standing behind her with his wand against her back.
He killed her.'

It was only a dream, of course.

I rubbed my eyes and wiped the sweat off my forehead. I tried to fall back asleep but it was no use.

I grabbed the book off my dresser and walked over to the big full length window. The moonlight was shining through it perfectly. I sat down on the floor and started reading.

8͟:͟0͟0͟A͟M͟:͟

I had been sitting in the same spot reading the entire night. I looked at the time, I got up and headed to the bathroom. I grabbed my clothes and hung them up. I took a shower and started to get ready. When I did my makeup I realized I had horrible dark bags under my eyes. I tried to cover them up the best I could, but it didn't help.

I shrugged it off and did my hair. I did it half up half down with a clip and a few stray hairs near my face.

By the time I was done, it was 8:40. Breakfast was at 9:00 so I'd probably get there early. I kept my book in my hand and continued to read as I slowly walked out of my room. As I walked through the common room I bumped into someone.

"Sorry-

"Watch it-

I knew who I had bumped into. But I refrained from looking up and continued to walk out.

When I made it to the main hallway I stoped reading so I wouldn't bump into any other people. When I got to breakfast I sat down with the group. Draco walked in and sat next to me.

"Wow, still reading huh?" He commented.

"I never stop." I replied without looking up.

"I can tell, your eyes-

"I know Draco I have eye bags, now shut it." I slammed my book and whacked his arm with it.

"Owwww." He whined.

When we all finished eating we headed to class.

1͟0͟:͟4͟0͟ A͟M͟:

When I was on my way to second period Dumbledore asked to meet me in his office.

"Good morning miss Y/L/N." He said.

"Hello Professor." I said in a slightly worried tone.

Why was I here? What did I do this time?