13|Same old pain ☕︎︎

Winter break had passed. I haven't gotten a letter from my dad in a while. As for Draco and I our friendship got stronger as we spent more time together.

Cho and Cedric were often seen in the hallway holding hands.

  It made me feel pain physically. Draco grabbed my hand and we walked the other direction, but it was getting harder to avoid him.

   Draco was trying to protect me from seeing the truth. As sweet as it was to see him being protective of my emotions, this was the way things were.

I got out of class to "go to the bathroom" but I really just needed a walk.

   I wanted to be alone with my thoughts.

   But just my luck, I turned to the left and saw a golden brown haired boy walking towards me.

I really wasn't in the mood to see him.

"What?" I said in a blank voice.

"I- I'm sorry." He said as he looked down at me.

"Sorry for what?"

"Well, not asking you to the dance and leading you on. I didn't mean to-," I cut him off.

"What do you mean? We had nothing." I walked away from him leaving him alone in the hallway.

"Y/n wait, please." I ignored him.

I went back to class feeling absolutely nothing. Draco looked over at me.

   I didn't pay attention. When class ended I left. I didn't wait for Draco.

   I went the long way to the common room to avoid seeing anyone. Cedric and Cho were sitting on a bench in the hallway.

I walked passed them without looking, almost like they both didn't exist. Cedric got up and poked my shoulder.

"What, what could you possibly want from me Diggory!"

He stood there in shock. I knew Draco was standing behind me, I could smell his cologne.

I grabbed him by the arm and dragged him in the outside seating area. Draco didn't follow.

"You have 2 minutes to explain yourself before I completely ignore you forever."

" I wanted to go with you but everyone expected me to go with Cho."

"But why did you listen?"

"I don't know, I was just scared to ask you." He scratched his neck and looked down.

"Why, you know I would've said yes."

He sighed. He seemed very guilty.

"I understand if you never want to talk to me again, but I am truly sorry Y/n."

"Okay." I said as I walked away.

  I went back inside and caught up with Draco. We went to the common room and sat on the couch.

I told him everything that happened.

"He doesn't deserve you." He grabbed his bag and stormed off to his room as I followed closely.

"Are you mad or something?" I asked following him in his room.

He didn't answer me.

"Hello?"

He still said nothing.

He didn't even turn around.

"Of course I'm mad! He'll hurt you again and I'll have to deal with you being sad because of him!"