3|False hope

A few days later I got a letter from my parents. They never wrote to me, I was starting to think they forgot about me.

My father and I never got along. He blames his stress on his work and takes it out on me.

But I'm just glad I'm at school so I don't have to deal with him every day.

My mother was always very nice to me. She just understands me like no one else does. But that's what the letter was about.

She wasn't feeling well.

'𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑌/𝑛, 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑚𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑐𝑘 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑙𝑒𝑦. 𝑆ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑔𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑝 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑛, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛't 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑖𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒. 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑒. 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢. 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓. -𝐷𝑎𝑑'

I could feel my eyes tearing up as I was sitting at the slytherin table for breakfast.

Draco and I have some mutual friends in our house so I just sit with them.

He was sitting next to me when I read my letter. I could hear everyone around me laughing but it was almost in slow motion.

I wasn't sure what would happen to my mom, but I got scared for the thought of losing the only person I truly loved.

A tear fell down my cheek. Draco turned to me still laughing about a joke he made. He realized that I was crying, he just looked at me in shock.

Before he could say anything I got up and walked away with the letter crushed in my hand.

I ran down the hallway with tears in my eyes not being able to see clearly.

I collapsed near a wall and started balling my eyes out. I heard footsteps down the hallway.

I sat with my knees to my chest and my arms wrapped around my legs.

I realized still had the letter in my hand. I threw it hard down the left corridor.

A second before it hit the floor I realized that there was someone standing there.

I rubbed my eyes and looked up to see Draco staring at me. I stood up quickly and acted like I was unbothered. My face was red and puffy.

"What do you want." I said in a aggressive tone.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Like you care." I rolled my eyes.

We looked at each other for a moment in silence.
Draco grabbed the note off the floor, "What's this?"

"It's nothing, just go away!" I said trying to pull the note from his hand.

He put it high above his head to block me from reaching it. While his back was against the wall I tried jumping desperately to reach it.

I took out my wand and I lit the letter on fire right in Draco's hand.

"Woah!" He said jumping back chucking the crumpled letter.

It disappeared in a pile of ashes on the floor. I looked at Draco, then looked at his burnt hand. He continued to lean against the wall looking at his hand. I walked closer to him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." I put my hand under his to look at it.

I started to tear up again because I was so overwhelmed.

He looked at me, I was surprised he wasn't furious at me for what I did.

"It's okay Y/n."

"No, no it's not! None of this is okay!" In that moment I felt so many things. Anger, sadness, disappointment, and confusion.

As I turned to the right of me I saw a tall hufflepuff boy looking our direction.

No I couldn't deal with this now.

I looked at Draco and ran the other way. I went in the slytherin common room and collapsed on the couch.

A minute later Draco came in. Everyone was still eating so no one was there.

"Y/n can you please explain what's going on with you?"

He said with worry in his voice.

I didn't answer.

"Look I know I annoy you but I see you as my friend, and believe it or not I do care about you." He walked closer to the couch.

He sat down next to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

I looked at him and gave him a death stare. He slowly took his hand away in confusion.

All the sudden I leaned over and hugged him tightly. I cried in his arms.

He didn't move at first but then he started to rub my back.

"You don't have to tell me, but whatever it is, it will be okay in the end."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: lmk ur thoughts!

~g