𝐗𝐕

<Recap: Everyone mixes up really well in the family & Yash also returned. Everything was going great until Kabir informed about the sudden change in (Y/N)'s grandmother's health. Owing to the situation, Ajey & you decided to go Mumbai.>

Ajey's P.O.V

It's around 12:20 am right now & I just finished talking to Deepak Bhaiya who is handling the tickets to Mumbai. (Y/N) has gone to the living room to tell mom & dad about her grandmother.

She is acting like a composed girl but deep down, her heart is aching. She loves her grandmother immensely & she can do anything for her. Anything.

I was think all of this until Deepak Bhaiya texted me the ticket & the details of the flight.

The flight was at 1:30 am, so according to time...we have to leave now. I went to the living room to inform her about the same.

"(Y/N), the flight's at 1:30...we gotta leave now for the airport." I said as I put my hand on her shoulder & caressed it in order to comfort her.

"Okay, I'll go pack some things & then we'll leave." she said, getting up from the couch.

"Ajey, Mai bhi chal raha hoon." Yash said.

"Yash tu nahi chal raha hai." my wife answered before me.

"Mai chal raha hoon (Y/N)." Yash reverted.

"Yash, Tu abhi flight se Aaya hai aur ab phir se...it will be tiring." she answered politely.

"Arey par--"

"Yash, who sahi bol rahi hai...aur mai jaa raha hoon naa." I cut him off & tried to make him understand to which he nodded in agreement.

We then left for the airport & the next moment we were boarding our flight. We had to face a lot of paparazzi but we kept quite.

The entire flight journey, she was holding my hand tightly as if I would disappear any moment. I kept reassuring her but deep down, I knew that she was going through a lot.

After 2 hours of flying, we landed on the land of Mumbai. Just after landing, we had to face another group of paps but we again kept quite. We went to hospital in which her grandmother was admitted.

As soon as we reached the hospital, she immediately got out of the car & ran towards the reception. I went behind her & inquired about her grandmother's room number. After getting the room number, we made our way till there.

When we reached there, I noticed that her whole family was there. Before
(Y/N) or I could say anything, tears started falling of their faces. Kabir, her mom, dad all of them were crying.

"M-mumma Kya hua?" (Y/N) stammered while asking. Her voice was full of fear.

Her dad nodded his head in negative while her mom hugged her, still crying.

"Dad, you're scaring me, tell me what happened?" she asked with fear.

No one answered.

"CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED?" she shouted.

"She's g-gone...dadi...p-passed a-away." Kabir informed & he broke down in the end.

I was numb. What did I just hear? Then, I turned towards her. As expected, she was blank. Her face showed no expressions. I was scared now. The person my wife adored the most left her, forever.

"Kabir, ask the doctor to examine her once more, I mean h-how can they just declare that? There might be some problem with their conclusion. Call the doctor & ask them to check her once more." I said to Kabir.

Kabir just nodded his head in negative & hugged me while crying. I couldn't process what was happening.

"(Y/N), Ajey...few minutes before your arrival, the doctor came for a check up. When he entered the room, he noticed that dadi was breathing heavily, he quickly examined her said that her blood pressure dropped. He immediately called the nurse with some injections but nothing was working. But the whole time, dadi was trying to say something. I noticed that & told the doctor that she wants to say something. The doctor said that you can ask her what she wants to say. But make sure she doesn't take much stress because her oxygen levels are reducing with each passing second. I went near dadi & asked her what does she wants to say. With a lot of difficulties, she managed to ask me to deliver a message to you. She said..." Kabir took a pause & inhaled deeply. "Tell (Y/N) that she made me proud & I love her a lot. Ask her to not to feel guilty, I'll be watching her from the sky. And I'll be waiting to meet her again. And saying that, her grip on my hand loosened & her breath stopped & all the machines connected to her heart started beeping in a flat line." Kabir concluded with moist eyes.

And a tear drop fell from (Y/N)'s eyes. Her eyes were filled with tears, who were finding a moment to flow.

By the time, my eyes were also filled with tears. In her last time too, she thought of her. The bond that they shared was pure, filled with love. I can't even imagine what (Y/N)'s condition would be, what she would be going through, what she must be feeling. I didn't knew how to console her, my mouth went dry & no words came out of it. I didn't know what to say to her.

I just went ahead & hugged her tightly. As soon as her arms came around my torso, she broke down. She started crying & I didn't stop her because all the tears should flow...it'll help her to feel better.

Her grandmother was like her breath, and imagine what will one's condition be if the person's breath was taken away from her. This death has formed a hole in her heart, which can only be filled with time. ❝The toughest feeling is loosing someone, you love.❞ And I know what it feels to go through that. It feels as if, someone has ripped apart your soul. As if someone has shattered your heart into fine pieces. The pain that you feel, it only deepens & the guilt grows.

Hey Guys!

I'm sorry for making you guys wait for so long, but I guess this chapter was worth the wait...maybe. If you ask me, this chapter is my favourite chapter from this book. I wrote it thoroughly because I have experienced the pain of loosing the closest person from my life. And it's one of the worst feelings in the world, trust me.
This chapter will always be close to my heart. Let me know what do you guys think about it, in the comments.
The next update might take sometime as I have another book going on, here on Wattpad. But I'll try my best to update is soon.

Upvote. Comment. Follow.
Also, add this book to your reading list to be notified on every update.
Love,
K.