Chapter 11

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ LOVE

Chapter 11
|Who said it?|

Silas

My eyes snap open when I feel movement beside me and I sit up on the bed. The beeping from the machines have me almost shooting them down, but I can't since they are keeping her alive. I'm shocked and taken back when I look into the eyes that I have longed to look into for so long; Leanna's eyes. They're open and staring right back at me. Then I see the smile come to her lips which I've craved to touch for ages. "Why're looking at me like you've seen a ghost...?" She asks me.

Then she gasps and touches her cheeks. "I'm a ghost... no... I don't want to be a ghost. I want to be an angel and live on the sky and be free and fly everywhere... but can't a ghost fly. I want to be a ghost" She rants, but I don't care as I just want to hear her voice and it has been so long since I've heard her speak. I chuckle when she is feeling her face with her hands as if she wanted to know if she were alive or not or just being herself which is the more reasonable explanation.

"Leanna" I speak and that breaks her from her thoughts, and she turns to look at me with a look that I've missed. "What?" She asks me. She doesn't seem to aware that she's in a hospital bed or hooked up to some machines or even know what had happened. The way that she was almost taken from me for the second time but this time the changes that she would return to me were small, and it had taken everything out of me to get her to safety and even then I could not do it on my own.

I don't say anything but just pull her in for a hug. It shocks her that I'm doing this, but I just need to feel her close to me. "You're alive" I whisper to her after some time, and then I break the hug. "I am?" She says as she once again touches her face. I chuckle and take her hands. Her fingers wrap themselves around mine and for the first time in a long time I can feel her warmth. Leanna has been so cold for so long and I felt that she was like ice, but now she's the sun.

Then she freezes and looks at me with a shocked expression on her face. I can see in her eyes that she's remembering the things that had happened to her and when she does she looks at me even more shocked than before. I don't know how, but I don't care. Having her here with me is all that I need, and she can be shocked or whatever she is as long as she holds me. It's been so long since we were together and neither one of us dying since the last time she saw me she was bleeding out into oblivion.

Leanna smirks as she removes her hand from mine. It only takes her a second to lift her hand and that is when I feel it. She slaps me. The pain is slow to come but when it arrives it's painful, but it is worth it. I raise an eyebrow at her when she begins to blow on her hand which she had slapped me with. "Ow, ow, ow" She says, and I chuckle. Amused that she is feeling that after slapping me. It should be I who should be saying that since it was she that slapped me.

"Silas?" She asks me as she takes my hand and notices how they are bandaged. When she touches my hands I feel pain, but she takes it away as well and brings me that happiness that I've longed for for so long. "Yes, Leanna?" I ask her. Saying her name, and she responds to it makes the dream become reality. "Can you hug me" She says in this pleading tone. I waste no second to wrap my arms around her and pull her close to me. I'm gentle as I hug her, and she returns the hug.

"Why do I want to shoot you but kiss you?" She asks me and I chuckle. This woman. "You'll figure it out" I tell her. Deep down she knows what she feels for me but the confusion and everything that has happened to her, the trauma and the pain is blocking her feelings. I had been warned that she will lash out... that was until I shot the doctor since he could not even tell that she would lash out and be herself despite the things that she has been through. I'm not even surprised that she had slapped me.