Chapter 30

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ LOVE

Chapter 30
|Sorrowful departure|

Silas

The sound of the gun being fired echos into my ear and I close my eyes and wait for the pain to take over my body. Yet, as I wait, I realize that the pain is not coming. It's not there. Opening my eyes, I look down at myself to see that I'm not bleeding, and I have not been shot. Confused I look up to see what is happening. Standing not far from me, it's Ace with the gun pointed at me, he had fired the gun and a shot had been lodged into something.

It is only when I look down to the ground that I notice just what the bullet had hit or rather who. The shock in the air seems to make time disappear. Time does not take us into reality as for only a second we all look down at her. She got shot. In anger, I raise my gun and shoot Ace in the leg, letting him fall down to his feet and drop his gun. Signaling my men to take him, they do so and take him away. I kneel down beside her and find the bullet's entrance wound.

There is too much blood leaking from her chest, it's too much. I find the sorrow to take over me without knowing why as I try to press on her wound. "Get the doctor!" I order my men, I need to get her some medical assistance, or she won't make it. She's already gasping for her. I think the bullet may have ruptured her lung, and she's barely able to breathe because of the fluid build up. "Trina, we're going to get you a doctor, but you have to stay awake" I say to her, noticing how she's slowly slipping into unconsciousness.

If she does, that then there is a chance that she may never wake up again. I need her alive. She is not just Leanna's best friend or just my best assassins, she has become a friend to me. I do all that I can to put pressure on the wound but without a doctor to see if I can move her, there is little that I can do. "Where is the fucking doctor!?" I yell at them, trying to keep her alive, most of my men are barely doing anything at all. Looking back down at her, I see that she has started to cry.

It is not only a sign of pain but also that she knows she will not make it, she has given up. "No. Trina, you will not die today. I won't allow it. Think of the future, think of your child" I say to her. If she thought that her pregnancy could be hidden from me then she is wrong. It is my specialty to observe people and their behavior, she is carrying a child. Now, she is not only living for one but for two. And even for four if I can add myself and Leanna to that list, and 'm certain that Ace would want her alive as well.

She is gasping for air, there is not much that she has left. The doctor then arrives and pushes me away. The sound woman that I would ever allow to push me away, she knows her limits and knows the cost of it as well. She does not care, only does her job and well. Which is why I keep her around. Covered in blood I stand up. "We need to vote her quickly, without the proper tool, I can't tell if the bullet has ruptured an artery" She speaks, without looking at me.

I lift Trina up into my arms, and then we move through the walls, running as fast as I can towards the medical room. Which is on the other side of the house. When all of this is over, I need to remind myself to have a medical room on every side of the house, just in case something like this happens again, or if Leanna is hurt. I will never allow pain to strike at her for a long time, never in my life will she feel pain eat her alive.

I run with Trina in my arms with the doctor behind me until we make it to the medical room. Lying her down on the bed, the doctor begins to examine her. "It's better if you were to leave the room" She speaks to me, her mind focused on something else. I nod and walk out of the room. "Stand here and assist if needed!" I harshly order my men and they nod. Two old them stand by the door while four of them sit by the door. Others just leave, for they are not needed and know that.