Chapter 12

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ LOVE

Chapter 12
|Sessions with Guns|

Leanna Russell

Silas lifts me into his arms from the bed and I let out a laugh. He's so strong and amazingly warm. He makes my heart pound inside my chest with a single look. I don't know how he does it, but I know that I like it and that is all that I care about and should not care about the reason. Then he walks out of the room and into the hallways. After we put on the necklaces that he kept he took me into his arms. The hallways are so familiar, and I like looking at them.

'Because this is our future home, naive' The voice says, and I mentally groan. She's always like this, or I'm always like this. It's confusing, and I don't like her, but I think that I'm starting to like having her in my head. Now my thoughts won't be as lonely, and I can have someone to talk to all day, even when I'm alone. 'Duh' She says, but I choose to ignore that she said that. "I made some new changes to the office. It got... redecorated" Silas tells me as he looks down at me with this sort of smile.

"That's all right" I tell him. 'It means he smashed everything in there' She says in my head. Really? 'Yes' She answers. I guess she knows everything that goes on. How does she do that? "I will like it either way. As long as we have an office" I tell him and give him a smile. I notice that the happy look on his face grows even happier when I say those words. Making my smile grow even wider. When Silas is happy I find that I'm happy. 'Because you love him' She says, once again I ignore her.

She should learn to mind her own business. 'Can't. I'm you' She says and this time I let out a groan and not just mentally. Silas doesn't this as he opens the door and I gasp when I see it. Everything has changed in the office and I like it this way much better. "I love it" I tell him and I land a kiss on his cheek. He stands there still for a second as if he were trying to process what I had done. Then he suddenly gently sets me down on a chair which I find so comfortable.

"I knew you would. I made sure that some of it would be in your favorite color" He says to me and I look around the office. My favorite color is every color and especially the rainbow, and he made sure that there is a pillow in my chair that is rainbow-colored and there is a mug on the desk that has a rainbow on it. Little things but they mean more to me than he could ever know. He sits down on the opposite side and hands me the file that I had on him.

I notice that he's added some notes into it which I will have to take a look later. "Shall we begin?" I ask him with a smile on my face. This feels like old times. Someone clears their throat in my head, how is that even possible? All right, maybe it's not exactly like old times. Of course things are bound to be different, and she's here too. 'Finally' She says. I ignore her, I think that is the best thing to do. 'You're rude' She says. Yeah, yeah. But I'm the one who rules.

Silas nods his head and gestures for me to begin. "So, tell me, is there anything that you wish to talk about?" I ask him as I open on a blank page and hold a pencil in my hand. He gives me a chuckle. "I met a woman" He begins to my smile nearly drops off my face when he says that and this pang forms in my heart. I avoid looking into his eyes even when all I want to do is look deep into his eyes and get lost in them where I will come undone by them.

"She's so beautiful and so kind. I've never met anyone like her. She's brave and a fighter. She fought through death, and she returned to me" He speaks. I write down the things that he says. It makes me feel horrible that he met someone else. That he doesn't love me in the way that I love him. It makes me feel horrible that I love him more than I can even say, and yet he does not care about me, that he may love another. I feel anger run deep through me like never before, still I keep the smile on my face.