Chapter 33

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ LOVE

Chapter 33
|Half a truth|

Leanna Russell

I can only smile and enjoy myself as he opens his eyes to see everything. Right in the very room that we're now in, I have worked hard to decorate and made perfect for him. It's his birthday after all, and he deserves it. "Surprise!" Everyone says. In truth, it's just a couple of his men and then Trina which is sitting there looking pale. I beam as I hug him. "Happy birthday" I whisper to him. He hasn't moved as he is frozen, and I know why. He's shocked, and he isn't shocked that often, so he's not used to it.

That's all right. I'm here with him. He may not like his birthday that much, but at least I will be here to create new memories with him and let the bad ones get lost where they will be forgotten. I back a bit away from him and turn around to be facing him. Silas is looking at me with this intense look. I knew that he was shocked, but not that much to the point where he almost looks angry at me. "Is everything all right?" I ask him, knowing very well that everyone are looking at us.

I take his hand, but he rips it away from me and walks out of the room. In shock, I follow right after him. "Silas, what's wrong? Please tell me what's wrong. Don't you like the decorations? I know that they are a bit white and happy, which is not your style at all but everything that was in your style was all about death and funerals and such, and we're celebrating your birt-" I speak, but he stops me. "Don't! Just don't, Leanna" He harshly cuts me off as he continues to storm the hallways.

Confusing me as he does so. His tone had hurt me when he spoke. I'm not going to let that get me down. "No, you don't get to walk away from me this time, Silas. We are in a relationship and the way it works is by talking to each other. The number one way to make it work is by communicating" I say, and then I get an idea. I run towards him and take his hand. "We're going to my office" I tell him, as I drag him. This time I don't give him time to rip his hands away from me.

There is something that he needs to get off his chest as I can see just how much it eats at him. I don't look at him nor do I say anything as I drag hm through the house. Much like I had done before. This time we are going to my office where I make him sit down. Silas tries to argue with me about it, but he has to learn that when he has something that he needs to get lout of him, he has to say it. "Now, still" I order him as I sit down and take his folder.

I have a pencil ready to write down anything that he says. Looking at his face and into his kohl back eyes, I can see that he's not happy to be here. That is just how this is going to work, he needs to speak about it or else it will hurt him even more. It is never good to bottle up feelings or else they will just explode and no one wants that to happen. He sighs, but doesn't say anything. "Silas, there is something about your own birthday-" I stop as I look at him.

I watch him closely and even if for a short second, his face changed. This pain flashed for his eyes and I know that he has been something traumatic that had happened in the past. He has told me about his past. How he became this gang member and such and because the ruthless person that the world knows him at. Silas has told me a lot of who he was and is, but there are still things that are missing. Holes in his stories that he avoids and doesn't talk about.

"That you need to share. Please don't hide from me. I'm not some stranger, Silas. I love you and you love me. Please don't shut me out of your past" I practically beg him. His face is hardened, and it's clearly difficult for him to even think about telling me this. Someone has to know of the feelings that he has inside of him, and that someone is me. Silas has been through pain and suffering, now he can let all that go to become the best version of himself, the better version of Silas. Soon he will be able to accept the past and move on.