Chapter 19

Blue returned to the Star Sans HQ, looking for Ink. That plan of his is pretty suspicious...

    He walked down a long corridor to Ink's room and rapped his knuckles on the wood.

    "Hey, Ink?"

    A muffled voiced called back and the door swung open to reveal the artist himself.

    "Hey! What's up?"

    Blue dragged a smile on, the one he usually wore.

    "Oh, I just wanted to ask what we were going to do about Nightmare..."

    Ink grins wildly.

    "Oh! Don't worry about it! I already told you I got it under control."

    Not feeling very comforted, Blue shook his head.

    "He's gaining more members, Ink. Whats the plan?"

    Ink frowns, clearly confused to the further questioning.

    "Well.... I guess it won't hurt to tell you....."

    Ink looked to his right as if looking to someone before quickly smiling at Blue.

    "Come in."

    Nervous, Blue nods and walked into Ink's room. Ink was definitely acting weirder than normal... A quick glance around reveals that Ink's room was as messy as usual besides a few letters on the desk and some string.

    ...

    Wait.

    String?

    Looking closer, it was thankfully not Error's blue strings but some kind of purple type. Perseverance, maybe? But persevere what?

    "So...? Whats the plan?"

    Ink giggles.

    "You'll love this: We kill Error."

    ....................  .   .    .    .      .

    Silence deafened the room. Not a whisper or a step.

    "Ink."

    "Yeah?"

    "Is this a joke?"

    "Uhhhhh, no?"

    Blue stared at Ink in the eye, judging them. When he realized Ink was serious, he gave Ink a horrified look.

    "Ink! We don't kill people!"

    Ink blinks, an oblivious smile stupidly on his face.

    "But what's one to a billion? Error has a kill count close to Death's."

    "That's not the point! We only need to detain them or- or reason with them at least!"

    "So more AUs die? You want to be responsible for millions of more people to die? What if its yours next, Blue? What then?"

    Blue gritted his teeth. Yes, he would be upset if his friends and family was killed. Anyone would be. But kill or be killed is NOT the right way to live. No matter who you save.

    "Ink, I can't help you with this. It's wrong."

    Ink shrugs.

    "Ok."

    Silence...... then,

    "What?"

    "I said ok. I don't need you to be part of my plan, Blue."

    Blue stuttered out a weak sound.
    "B-But, Ink! Y-You can't! We're the good guys!"

    Ink smiles.

    "Yup. And being a good guy means stopping the bad guys."

    He frowns coldly.

    "For good."

    Blue shook his head violently and ran out of the room, he needed to- he needed to tell someone!

    Something surged against him from behind, cold and fluid. He glanced back, having been fully stopped. Ink covered him and rooted him to the floor.

    "Sorry, Blue. I said it was supposed to be a secret, remember!"

    "I-Ink....!"

    The skeleton in question just smiled, though his eyes showed nothing.

    "Hey... You're my best friend. You know I wouldn't hurt you. But you can't go off and tell anyone, okay? It's super important!"

    His eyelights swap to a red sun and a green diamond. Blue still never understood the symbols or what usually brought them out. Ink had no emotions.

    "F-Fine, I won't...."

    As if he wouldn't tell Error...!

    "Great! If you tell anyone, I'll have to put you in time out."

    Ink lets Blue go and waved goodbye. Blue shivered and waited for Ink to round the corner before using a portal to find Error.

    It was harder to find him this time than usual and it took an hour to finally track him to a decaying AU.

    "ERROR!"

    The destroyer paused, his arms and hands outstretched, blue strings webbing out and crushing the world code of the AU.

    "What do you want, Blue?" He said lowly but loud enought for Blue to hear.

    "I-I need to tell you something urgent!"

    "Urgent? Can't it wait?"

    Blue scowls.

    "Not if you want to DIE!"

    Error gave Blue a deadpanned look.

    "I can't die. It can wait."

    "Its the thing Ink was being secretive about! Its- Its like your strings but modified. I-I think."

    Error shook his head.

    "This is pretty hard to believe, you know? Ink? Trying to kill me with STRINGS?"

    Frustrated, Blue stamped his foot.

    "I'm serious! Even if it doesn't kill you, you should at least be careful."

    Blue clenched his fists, clearly upset. Error sighs and nods, finishing off the AU.

    "Come on, then. Its better to talk in the Anti-void."

    He opened a rectangular portal to the infinite blinding white. As much as the two hated the starkness of the place, it was safe and had too many memories to leave. Both good and bad. Blue still remembered the day he was 'kidnapped'.

    Well, it was more like 'saved' in hindsight. Sure Error was a bit... aggressive and antisocial, but it went well in the end.

    "What makes you think he can do it this time? He'stried killing me plenty of other times."

    "I know but... I just really don't feel right with this plan of his... And this time, he was pretty serious about it."

    Error hums, thinking. Knowing Ink, it was possible that the artist was starting to get bored of being passive with him and Nightmare. The stupid soulless creature is probably going to actually pull it off now that he isn't playing games...

    "Ugh, can't believe I'm saying this but I think I need to ask Nightmare about it."

    "Right, he should know, too. Ink might just start killing all the 'Bad Sanses'."

    Error nods.

    "He can't kill me but mangling me beyond recognition is still on the table."

    The two head for Nightmare's Castle, where they will figure out how to fix this.