Chapter 29

[The chapter where Error is pretty much the out of service candy machine.

Also, whoa, 2  chapters in one day? Wild.]

The meeting room was abuzz with noise.

"Ink, I told you! Cross stole it!"

"I know! What I want to know is HOW!"

Dream whimpers, hiding his face.

"It's my fault he slipped away... I could've done something..."

Ink growled and banged on the table.

"I need those strings back. Blue, you and Dream go on a patrol for Nightmare and the others."

Blue nods hesitantly.

"And what about you?"

"I have business to attend to. Now go."

The two Stars left the base and started tracking down where the dark Sanses were while Ink stilled himself and walked toward his makeshift holding cell in the basement. They never had one before so Ink got to get creative with a cool secret entrance.

"Hi, Error~"

The destroyer in question stared at them with faded eyelights, his mouth limp and just barely closed enough to keep from drooling and making himself look more pathetic than he already was.

"Sorry for the wait. We're still working on the killing you plan but don't worry, I can keep it interesting while you wait."

Error wanted so badly to glare and curse them out but he couldn't do more than blink and breathe.

"Ooh, rough crowd today."

He moved closer and put his fingertips to the grooves of his carved out tear lines, forcing deep blue strings to be pulled out.

"I always wanted to try something like this. But you always got away before I could."

He smiles and tugged the strings out, making them break, making Error whimper in pain.

"This is really interesting, you know? I've never seen your strings anywhere else in other AUs."

Ink toys with the strands woven in his fingers, examining them.

"I think I might like these more than the one I made...", he pondered, smiling.

"Shall we test it?"

Error looked at them with muted horror and sat there, every fiber of his being wanted to get away and run but there was nothing. He couldn't even move!

Ink moved even closer and started curling the string around their neck.

"If this works, great! If not, lucky you! It's a win-win!"

And with that, Ink pulled hard.

At the castle, though, Cross was pouting and as red as a tomato.

"You don't need to treat me like a baby, you know..."

"I haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about." Came the response from Nightmare.

They were situated in the study room, Nightmare having insisted that Cross come to keep him company after what happened last night. Little did Cross know what Nightmare meant was to apparently sit on his lap while he read reports from the Nightmare Papyrus he had corrupted.

Cross was also not strictly in his uniform, strangely enough. All he had on were his usual black shorts and his sleeveless white sweater. The cause of this? It was one of Cross's mandatory day offs. Dust, Horror, and Nightmare had agreed to keep Cross off training and working while on day offs due to his lack of left control when it comes to holding back. Dust never had this problem and Horror didn't like moving too much after eating so he never did either.

Nightmare had caught Cross trying to sneak into the training room three times before ordering him to accompany him in the study.

"Still... I could go get another chair..."

"Is there something wrong with me asking you to stay here with me?"

Cross frowned, worried.

"No! I don't mind. I just don't want to make your lap sore after me sitting on you for so long... I'm probably heavy on you."

"Quiet, Cross. You're a skeleton for god sake."

Cross went quiet but smiled a little. Well... It was pretty comfortable... And he was still technically doing his job of being Nightmare's bodyguard... Maybe it wasn't so bad. He didn't seem to mind his weight.

"Yes, sir."

Nightmare rolled his eye at the 'sir' but let it slide this once.