Chapter 10

[Surprise!!! Here's the next chapter!]

Cross followed Dust out to the living area of the cabin they were situated in.

"Just between me and you? I still won." Cross huffed out, arms crossed as he leaned against a wall.

Dust rolls his eyes.

"Sure. Whatever you say, Oreo."

Cross blushed and glared at him in shock.

"Hey-"

"Will you two shut your faces for two minutes? I'm a leader if a team, not a daycare service for kids." Nightmare hissed as he emerged from the opposite side of the room where a hallway led.

"Fine..."

"He started it!"

"You're not helping your case, dimwit."

'Shut it, ghost boy.'

Nightmare massaged between his eyes, trying to rid of his annoyance. Maybe making a team was a mistake. But he wasn't a quitter. He just.... needed more staff is all.

He turned to Cross.

"You and I need to find a few more members for the group. Dust, you stay here and make sure our base of operations is secured."

"Aye, aye, captn'." Dust says sarcastically as he mock salutes lazily.

"Don't joke with me." He warned.

Nightmare had himself and Cross sink into a black puddle, allowing them to travel between shadows to another universe.

This time they reach another dark AU. By the looks of the bear traps, blood stains near the door of the Ruins, and dust around, it seems to be Horrortale. Nightmare has been here before from all the negativity that cannibalism can produce.

"Stay alert, Cross. This one won't hesitate to try to take a bite out of you."

Cross nods.

"I'll finish them swiftly."

And like that, he teleported away, glowing red knife in hand. It took a bit longer than usual to stop Undyne and kill Asgore. Cross decides it must have been the desperation and hunger...

He froze when he heard the dull 'thok' by a metal hitting and planting into a tree.

"B e h i n d y o u." Spoke a deep gravely voice like nails on a chalk board.

Cross spun around and stepped back.

Before them was a bloody skeleton. Piercing red eyes striking against the dark forest. A cracked, gaping hole on the right side of their skull and one broken eye which refused to summon an eyelight. A strained grin spread over their features unsettlingly.

"Lookie what we got here~ Food?"

Cross's horror slowly rose.

"Stay still and maybe I'll let you die quickly."

The skeleton grinned more.

'Oh no....'