Chapter 15

Ink stood in the middle of the Doodlesphere with a blank look, eyes sweeping over the countless sheets of paper that represented the AUs.

    Error had been more active lately so there was a significant vacancy in the number of AUs. Which was annoying to say the least... Though, they both knew it would happene eventually. The truce they made a century before wasn't made to last.

    He pulled his brush off his back and huffs, eyes turned to grey targets. How annoying.

    He melted into an ink puddle to go to the nearest AU being destroyed by the dark-boned skeleton.

    Errror smirks darkly, his hand having his signiture blue strings to parts of the AUs code.

    "Glad to see you finally stopped ignoring me, inkstain."

    "Original. You done here?"

    He dashed forward, brush ready to strike, red ink collected at the tip. Error anticipated and dodged to the left, throwing strings out to trip the artist.

    "Ugh, you're really no fun anymore."

    "Well, sorry for not enjoying you destroying my things."

    Error laughs, dodging another swipe of red and hopping up to a light pole.

    "You draw for fun, I destroy for fun. Theres no difference besides people hating me for it. You're the one killing them. I'm just making that slow."

    Ink growled and launched at him, finally landing a punch to their ribs.

    "Shut UP!", He spat, "You don't think I know? I made them! I can do what I want! I made you, and I can erase you just as easily."

    Error landed flat on his back on concrete and coughed out wetly, blood dripping out his mouth and starting to pool under him.

    He wheezed, going limp, eyes trained on them.

    "Yeah, well. You just made an enemy for yourself...... how sad is that?"

    Ink tried getting free of the strings but struggled at how tight they were. Now both were out of commission.

    "You don't need to fight me, Error. I didn't make you to solely destroy AUs."

    "I'm not befriending someone who sees everyone as objects."

    He mutters, looking away, "And they say I'M the monster..."

    Ink gave him an unamused look, leaning back against a crumbling wall of what used to be a house.

    "Well. If you ever change your mind... I'm not claiming that I'm a good person. But without a soul, I really can't bring myself to care."

    "Glad we can agree."

    The two sit in silence for a while before Error felt well enough to get up and let Ink go, opening a portal to his home.

    "...... heh. You always leave me behind."

    Ink stares at where the portal was before also leaving the crumbling AU as blackness began to swallow its edges.

    Little did either know how big a deal this exchange was in the future.