Chapter 11

As the bloody version of Sans stalked closer, Cross summoned his red knife.

"Don't come any closer!"

They just cackle.

"Think ya can scare me with that? I'm gonna have a good time eating you~"

He shivers. Great. He landed in a cannibal AU.

The other dashes at the monochrome skeleton. Starled, Cross slashed at them.

They dodge and pins them to a tree by the neck, his other hand pulling his axe from the tree beside them.

"W-Wait! Don't eat me!"

They raise a brow

"An' why not?"

"Uhhhh, I have food back home! It'd taste better!"

This caught their attention. Food? That wasn't another monster? That sounded pretty good... and he could finally feed his brother real food!

"Where?" He growled.

A voice spoke behind the two.

"Woooow. Did take you long to get in trouble, Criss-cross."

It was Dust.

"Need help?"

Cross looked relieved to be rescued. He was strong but this guy was feral and that was... hard to deal with.

On the other hand....

The one pinning him was distracted, so he managed to get out of their grip with a quick stab to the hand and teleporting beside Dust. The Sans yelp in pain, holding the stab wound.

"No thanks. But appreciate the offer."

Dust grins.

"Hey, think you'll end up recruiting them, too?"

"Hey! I'm not a recruiter! ... ish."

Horror had had enough and swung his axe at them a few times, making them teleport away to safety. Dust returned the attack with his own sharp bones. Horror slashed one out of the air and missed the others, being stabbed a few times.

"ARGH!!!"

He falls to a knee, huffing.

"I kinda feel bad for this one."

"Psh. He's just XP."

"I mean- Yeah, but he's starving. Ink really sucks at his job as protector."

"You know what they say: what comes around, gets you stabbed in the eye with a knife."

Cross laughs.

"That's not how that goes, dum-dum."

Horror groans, his hunger making him exponentially weaker by the minute.

Fortunately, Nightmare appeared from the shadows.

"Hmmm..... He does show remarkable strength if he managed to pin Cross."

Cross frowns and blushed, embarrassed.

"We'll take him."

The dark guardian swallowed them all in darkness, quickly taking them back to the cabin. He instructs Cross to make food for Horror as he forces said skeleton into a chair.

Cross said that there were no meat left so he started on soup. Dust smirks and went off to go hunting for deer. If it's meat they want, it's what they'll get.

After about an hour, he returned to the cabin with a large buck. Cross was happy to use it.

Suffice it to say, Horror ate well that day. He was also impressed with Dust's hunting. It felt... kinda special. Especially from the world he came from. Hunting for someone was.... usually very meaningful.