Chapter 14

After the whole thing with Dream, Nightmare went back to his base angrier than ever. That was it. He's not going to live like before anymore. And living in a small cabin isn't helping.

    "All of you. We're moving."

    Cross nods, predictably.

    Dust groans, pouting and flopping over the armrest of the couch like a limp waffle. They kept doing so much work! Now they have to move, too?

    "Seriously? Why not stay here?"

    Nightmare growls and snaps at him.

    "I will not live in this... peasant's home any longer! I need a proper base of operations. And I know exactly where."

    Horror shrugs.

    "Don't care. As long as there's food."

    'And Dust.' He mentally added.

    Dust was really nice to him. And he hunted for him! It was so sweet of him! He'll mever forget the deer he got for him that one day~

    Nightmare glared when they replied so casually. He should really teach them a bit of respect at least...

    Cross had left to pack already, filling his backpack with items he owned, which wasn't a lot.

    'So, we're moving?'

    "Yes."

    'That's it? No complaining? That's so unfair! You always fight me about stuff like this but when HE tells you to do it, you just do it?!'

    "Because he isn't a JERK like SOMEONE I know, who nags and complains and tells me I'm just a puppet."

    '.... touché.'

   "Leave me alone. I'm busy."

    He finished packing and slung the backpack over his shoulder.

    "Wow. That was fast."

    Dust was leaning against the doorframe of the room with a tired smirk. Cross let out a scoff and smiled.

    "Yeah. And you better be, too, before Night figures out that I'm better than you."

    The two share a good natured glares before Dust waved him off, turning to leave.

    "Alright, old man."

    Cross sputtered.

    'Old man?! I'm not old!'

    Meanwhile, Dust headed back to his room, which he allowed Horror to share, to pack as well. He already knew all Horror would pack was food so he had already made tupperwares full of foods for him to bring. All he needed were his scarf and an extra pair of clothes so he got to getting those ready.

    Horror was on his own bed, grinning at his bag full of food before looking up to see what Dust was doing.

    "Hey, is that all you're packing, D?"

    "Yeah, I don't need to bring a lot."

    Horror made a creepy smile.

    "You forgot something."

    Dust looks at him in confusion. Did he leave out anything? Not that he knew of...

    "I did?"

    Horror made a grabby motion with his hands at him.

    "C'mere."

    Dust walked over and let Horror hug him around the waist. Horror leaned up to kiss Dust. Dust held in a laugh. He should have know Horror would do that. He was a pretty affectionate skeleton for a cannibal.

    Dust pulled back, smiling.

    "Ey, we gotta pack, H. Nights' gonna throw a fit if we're late."

    Horror shrugs and kisses Dust's cheek.

    "Fine. But we're finishing this when we finish moving."

    Dust chuckles and pats his head.

    "I promise. Now lemme go. Ya got the strength of a friggin' bear."

    Horror made a deep rumbling sound that was a strange distortion of what was supposed to be a purr. Dust thought it was just as cute as he finished his packing.

    -   -   -

    With Dream...

    The discouraged Guardian had managed to get himself home with a slumped posture. Blue was instantly at his side.

    "Are you alright, Dream?"

    "Ah.... Yeah. Sorry. I saw Nightmare."

    Blue frowns. He knew the two brothers were in a sort of familial problem but once he understood the situation, he, too, didn't know how to help.

    "I'm sorry to hear that, friend. Is there anything I can do to help?"

    "Umm... Oh! Would you like to bake some cookies with me?"

    Blue grins broadly. He loved to bake!

    "Of course! Perhaps something... er... more successful than the macaroons we made last week?"

    The two exchanged mirthful laughter as they head to the kitchen.