Chapter 9 (short chapter)

(I feel bad for leaving this alone for so long so here's a little update UwU)

Groaning, Cross blinked open his eyes groggily. What time was it? What happened? How long passed since the fight?

He moves to get up but was met with a sharp pain all over his body. Thankfully, none of the pain was coupled with blood. Someone must have healed him via non-magical means. Healing gel maybe?

“Ugh… Chara bow did you lose?”

“Hey, I don’t have unlimited stamina and DT, idiot. Next time, fight your own battles.”

He scoffs and pushed past the pain, sitting up properly. Looking around revealed that he was in a medical room or sorts. Not the ones the hospital has but more of a convenient place to put an injured soldier. Which- is basically what it has become.

“Where’s Nightmare?”

“No clue. Still recovering.”

But just as she says that, Dust comes in, wearing a cocky grin.

“Awake, I see. How’s it feel to be weaker than me?”

Cross growls out a ‘f×ck you' and stares. Stars, he hates this guy.

Dust holds up his hands in mock surrender.

“No thanks. But anyway, Nightmare actually wants to see you so you better get off your butt and follow me. ….. unless you want another beating?” He slyly adds.

The monochrome skeleton huffs, getting off the medical bed and wincing as his sore body supports itself against gravity.

“Ngh…” He groans in pain.

“If I wasn’t near passing out right now, I’d strangle you.”

Dust smiles delightfully at the threat.

“Duly noted. Are we going or do you need an old lady cane, grandma?”