Chapter 12

Since Horror had joined the team, things had really started slotting into place. Roles were properly taken. Cross was second in command after he settled into his responsibilities. Dust became supplier of food, medicine, and easy LV. And Horror being chef and torturer. All of them were pretty proficient in their work so Nightmare was satisfied.

And one day, they finally had their first field test when they met the Star Sanses.

"Dust! Horror! Take Blue! Cross! Take Ink! I got Dream!"

They all split up and start battling.

Blue had trouble blocking both Dust's attacks and Horror's axe swings at the same time as he was double teamed.

Ink also struggled with Cross's code manipulation and high-speed attacks.

And Dream was weakened by the negativity that the battle produced.

Unfortunately, despite how well it looked for the Gang, the tides turned quickly when Ink started helping Blue and Dream taking on Cross.

Cross faltered at fighting such a.... nice person who talked to him and dodged than fight.

Horror would get tripped up by Ink's brush attacks and Dust got pinned by Blue after he used his bones to beat them down.

Nightmare noticed and groans, swearing under his breath. Deciding that they needed to retreat, he grabbed them all and took them to different AUs before back to the cabin to keep from being followed.

Dust groaned, leaning against Horror.

"Ouch..."

"You are all idiots!" Nightmare exclaimed, pacing.

"That's it. We're starting a training regime starting tomorrow. Do NOT whine about it."

Cross simply gave a weak subservient nod. Who was he to question his boss and savior?

Dust rolls his eyes and Horror just shrugs.

"Sure."

Nightmare left to take care of business elsewhere. Dust nuzzled into Horror's chest.

"Man, I don't wanna do training..."

Horror grunts in agreement, putting an arm around their waist.

Cross scoffs, grinning.

"Why? It'll interrupt your guy's make out session?"

Horror points his axe at him.

"Make that joke again and I take your head."

Cross put his hands up in surrender, laughing.

               -       -       -

Later, Cross was dodging bones as fast as he could (which was fairly fast considering how slow humans are) and Dust just stood still, hands in his pockets, slouching in tense laziness.

    "Come on. That all ya got, Cross?"

    "Psh. You want all I got?"

    Dust scoffs at Cross's jab and send three blasters out. Cross ran at them and used his knife to slice them up.

    "Ughhh.... This is so boring."

    "Shut up, Chara. I'm busy."

    "Well, ex-CUSE me, Mr. Too-busy-for-you. I just wanted some fun."

    Cross groans and rolls his eyes, swiping his knife at Dust, who teleported behind him with a few sharp bones.

    Cross turned and blocked them with the broad side of his large knife.

    "Fine. I guess we can have a bit of fun..."

    Cross ran forward and did a forward roll before doing a handspring, a hard kick landing on Dust's jaw. Part of Cross was glad he was trained before all of this.

    Dust yelped in surprise and stumbled back.

    "Hey! No fair! Not everyone can do acrobatics like you!"

    "Acrobatics? That's 100% Guard training that kicked your face."

    He smirks as he saw Dust giving him an unamused look, rubbing his jaw.

    "And if you wanna keep your legs, don't kick him like that again." Horror threatened thinly.

    Dust grins.

    "Aww, thanks, H."

    Cross shivers. Horror was still the creepiest member of the team... He'd rather not make problems wih them.

    "How about you two spar instead, then? Since I apparently don't know how to spar right."

    Horror made a Cheshire grin, getting up with his axe.

    "Gladly."

    Cross went to take their place on the wooden bench against the wall. Dust and Horror exchanged grins as they got ready for sparring.

    In an instant, weapons clashed and sparked against each other as the two fought. Cross simply watched,  resting his own bones. Geez, those two were like an old married couple and it hadn't even been a week yet! He'll have to figure out how to use that....

    The two go at it for a while before Horror managed to pin Dust against the wall. Cross choked. What is his??? An anime???