Chapter 7

(*frantic typing* Sorry, this is slightly short, too, but I had to update this sometime for you all!)

"Ugh. Yes, I was really just sent here on business."

"What kind?"

"The 'kill everyone and come back' kind."

Dust paused, bringing a skeletal hand to his face, thinking. Cross was sure he was in trouble but Dust was much different than Ink or Nightmare. He was… a friend. Not a fake one but a fun one.

"Well, it sounds like there's a lotta LOVE bein' handed out in this job of yours."

"AUs worth. Why?"

Dust grins a Cheshire grin.

"Would your boss be willing ta add a member?"

"You- You want to join?"

The dusty monster shrugged.

"Why not. Yer doing what I've been doing in my AU anyway so why not other ones? Free EXP just walking around, y'know?"

Cross frowned a little, nervous. What would Nightmare say? From what he's known so far, Nightmare wasn't the buddy-buddy type.

"I'd have to ask… But you can come with me!"

Of course! If he brought Dust to Nightmare, he would have no choice but to let his join! Maybe even give a demonstration!

Dust thought about it.

'A trap? Nah, this guy was almost as gullible as Papyrus, as much as I hate to say it. Maybe they're just genuine.'

He has lots of LOVE… Maybe we can gain more if we kill him…

'No, Papyrus! As much as that sounds like a good idea, I don't want to kill the one guy who can match me in strength.'

That's no fun, brother... They will kill you first. Kill or be killed, remember?

With a sigh, Dust clapped a hand over Cross's shoulder.

"Let's go see your boss."

'I'll... I'll think about it, okay?'

Very well... Love you, brother...

'You too, bro.'

Cross nods and turns to call for Nightmare. Said entity rose up from a nearby shadow.

"Ah, I see you haven't finished", he scolded the black and white skeleton.

"Ahah... Well you see... I was wondering if maybe-"

"Let me make a wild guess and say that you want this Sans to join us?"

The monochromatic monster made a surprised squawk.

"How did-"

"Oh, please. I had to have seen this coming with how your personality worked. And to answer your question..."

Nightmare gave an appraised look at Dust, checking them up and down before conducting an actual Check.

[Sans 'Dust' Skeleton

HP 50     DEF 45    ATK 20

LV 20

*Killed everyone in the Underground
*Interested in gaining LOVE
*Mental state is disturbed at best]

"I will need something to prove your loyalty, Dust."

"Like what? A test?"

"Of sorts. You and Cross will fight until one or the other is unable to continue. If it gets too much and one of you almost dies, the test is over. Cross wins, you die. You win, you can join."

"But we're kind of equally matched...", Cross all but whispered.

"Well, then I guess you will just need to be better, won't you?"

Cross gulped but nodded. Oh god this was going to be the death of him, wasn't it?