Chapter 20

[Haha, you guys should be proud, I updated fast this time. >:) And as a fun bonus, Killer is coming up in the next few chapters.]

   Nightmare sensed someone enter the AU and glanced at the window of his study room with suspicion before realizing the familiar feeling of destruction Error had.

    "Error?"

    He got up from his desk and transported himself to the front door via shadows. The former guardian opened the door right as Error was about to knock. Lowering his fist, Error sized Nightmare up.

    "Hey."

    ".... hello. What is it?"

    Blue smiles.

    "Mind if we come in? It's a... private matter."

    "I suppose. This had better be important. I was busy."

    Blue nods with a grim expression, answering when the door closed behind them.

    "Unfortunately... It looks like Ink is planning on killing Error."

    Nightmare quicker a brow, confused.

    "Is that so? Is Error not immortal?"

    Error shrugs, nonchalantly.

    "Yeah but Blue here thinks it can bypass that. Ink made it himself."

    Nightmare frowns deeper. This didn't sound good. Ink shouldn't be able to make immortal killers. No one could outside of Death.

    "Alright. Tell you what, if we can get it from Ink, he won't have the chance to use it. Think you can divulge the whereabouts of your base?"

    "Sorry, as much as I want to, I still don't want anything to happen after the situation is fixed. I'd rather not give the metaphorical keys to the HQ to you, no offense."

    Nightmare shrugs, more annoyed than offended.

    "Then what do you suggest?"

    Blue paused before smiling.

    "I can try having one of your members come with me!"

    Nightmare stiffened and struggled not to lash at them.

    "Whatever for?" He gritted out.

    "W-Well, we can have one pretend to want to reform themselves so they can grab the strings and I distract Ink somewhere else."

    Error raised a brow to Nightmare, sharing a look.

    "Its not a bad idea."

    "I know. I hate it."

    The nightmare king groans and put a hand delicately to his face, exasperated.

    "Very well! If you must. Take Cross. He's the best of the group."

    Elsewhere...

    Cross sneezed hard, confused.

    "Who's talking about me?"

    Dust elbows him.

    "Cut that out. You gotta stay still or I'll end up cutting your leg off."

    "Why did you let Horror put a bear trap in my room?!"

    Horror snickers, watching with lidded eyes.

    Dust shrugs.

    "You know how he gets. And if it makes you feel any better, he'd spit you out once he realizes you taste like garbage."

    Cross stared at him with an unamused look.

    "Gee, thanks. I feel sooo much better."

    Dust gave a smug grin.

    "Uh-huh. No problem."