Hearts

Kian gives me a sad look knowing what Ricky just said then we all run to Lia who is on the ground now. Ricky was already over their trying to pick her up and Jenn was calling the hospital. We all pile in the car that was supposed to take me and Kian to the reception. Ricky keeps trying to calm Lia and Kian is driving like a mad man to the hospital. He has a stony look on his face and doesn't look at me. He was angry. I hear Ricky whispering to Lia in the back then Lia scream, "You did this to me you have nothing to say!!!" Then she shot out some pretty voulger words. I try to keep in laughter but then we pull up to the door to the emrgency room. Ricky helps Lia out and me and Kian run to the front desk. We were in interseting sight at that hospital, a big pregnant lady wadlling in and me in my big princess ball gown.

The desk lady gives me a weird look as I rush out, "My friend is having a baby!" She nods types something into her computer and runs to get a wheelchair. Lia sits down and her, Ricky and the nurse run through a door. I look at Kian and he had tears in his eyes.

"I'm going home to get clothes...I get some for you to I guess."

I give him a sympathetic look and say, "Kian, I'm so sorry..."

He just shrugs and walks away before I could see his tears. I watch him walk out on me...it hurt.

----RICKYS POV----I run next to Lia as we go into the miternity ward. She gets dressed in all of that hospital stuff and they hook her up. I hold her hand and she has this look of complete pain on her face. I feel so bad for her...but I was going to be a father. I- Ricky Dillon- was going to be a father. It finnaly hit me and I think Lia saw that.

"You just relized it huh?"

I nod, shocked at the sudden relization. She squeezes my hand and gives me a week smile.

About 8 hours later she was ready to push and I was a nervous wreck. I was about to watch my son come into the world and I could barley keep myself together. Lia starts to push and I could tell it hurt because she was bawling her eyes out. The doctor says, "Here he comes!" I smile to myself...this was the moment I could finaly see and hear my son, but the thing was I didn't hear anything. The doctors start moving around fast and I didn't even get to cut the umbilical cord. Lia starts to freak out as the rush Addis somewhere and a nurse has to hold her down to make her not get up. I start to move towerd where they were taking Addis. A nurse comes and blocks my way. I start to say something and the nurse stops me with, "He wasn't crying...something is very wrong." I start to feel the tears...I heard Lia starting to cry behind me and I shake my head and just whisper, "No.."

After about 30 minutes the doctor walks into the room where I was trying to console Lia. He gove sme and Lia a sad smile and solemly says, "I'm so sorry but your son has been born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrom. It means the left side of his heart hasn't fully formed and we need to have an emergancy heart transplant." This can't be happining...Addis has to be okay I can't lose him. Lia puts her head in her hands and starts to cry...my son could die tonight and I havn't even held him.