Up and personal

The boys bursted into laughter except for crosshair and me. Cross only scowled.

"Y/n, there's no more spots.. meaning.. you have to sit on cross's lap" Hunter smirked.

"Absolutely not, I'd rather sit on the floor" I grunted.

"Not safe, you need someone to hold you. That is unless you wanna sit on wrecker and have him crush you" tech said from his spot.

I sighed. "I'm... considering sitting on wreckers lap. But I probably would get crunched in two seconds. So, cross?" he looked up and flicked his toothpick.

"No, sit on wrecker" he crossed his arms.

"Hunter? A little bit of help?" I looked over.

"Cross, behave. Just let her sit down, we'll only be in light speed for 20 minutes" he furrowed his eyebrows at his annoyed brother.

Cross rolled his eyes, "Fine" he grumbled.

I laughed and walked over, gently sitting on Cross's lap.

I felt uncomfortable because of how close we had to be but, admittedly, I wasn't all too upset sitting on him but I would only tell that to myself.

He slowly eventually snaked his arms around my waist, drawing me close to him.

I felt my face heat up as I felt his chest against my back and his hands around me.

I felt his chin on her shoulder and get closer to my ear, "Don't take this the wrong way, I'm only keeping you safe" he growled quietly into her ear.

I smirked, "Why'd you do it so slowly then?" I whispered back.

He pinched my side and I giggled.

I heard him quietly chuckle and I smiled.

I made him laugh!

The boys looked over in curiosity, but they stopped laughing right away to not draw attention to them.

"Could've swore I just heard Crosshair laugh" Tech said into the quiet.

The boys agreed. "Fix your ears then, that was me" I crossed my arms.

They shrugged and ignored us.

I felt Cross pat my side in thankfulness. I knew he didn't want the boys to harass him for it.

I relaxed myself into him, we were comfortable now.

That was until the ship rumbled, signaling they were out of light speed.

The others got up and moved to the armory.

I unlocked the seat and he shoved me off him.

I scoffed as he smirked at me.

He lent out his hand for me to take. I attempted to grab it but he yanked it away and smoothed his hair down, biting his lip.

I got up and hit him playfully.

"Don't take it personal, I'm just so attractive that even I can't get enough of myself" he pulled out a toothpick, "I hope you choke on that" she walked away as he let out a chuckle.