Nightmares

Crosshair moved uncomfortably in his bunk. Echo slept under him. Crosshair had it and got up to go the pit to watch the stars for a moment.

Tech was dead asleep in his seat up there. Crosshair let out an amused sniff and grabbed a soft blanket, wrapping it around his younger brother softly.

This is the first time Tech had slept in days.

Hunter and Wrecker were out doing a mission else where, they'll be gone for 3 weeks. The ship didn't feel full without them.

Tech was worried and lived out restless nights, excited for the next time they communicated with him. Assuring they were safe.

It was sad seeing him tire himself like that.

Crosshair gently unhooked the strap of his goggles, setting them down on the panel.

He made sure the blanket was tucked. "Sleep well vod'ika" he spoke in a whisper and left the room.

As he was making his way back to the bunk Echo was talking in his sleep. Crosshair chuckled until he realized what he was saying.

"Rex.. look out- for... the, the.. The citadel. No! I'll go first.. Must. Get to... FIVES!" He shot awake in a panic.

He was shaking violently and looking around cluelessly for any source of comfort, thankfully he had Cross.

"Hey woah woah!" Crosshair strides over leaping into the bunk and holds Echo in his arms. "It's okay.. it's okay. Your safe" he rocked him back and forth as the shaking subsided.

"Your okay..." he hugged him tighter.

They sat there in the sweet silence for a while with only the sounds of their breathing.

"Is tech okay?" Echo sniffled, "He hasn't slept properly ever since Hunter and Wrecker left.." Echo muttered.

Crosshair released his hold on Echo, "He's finally asleep up there. Gave him a blanket. I feel bad, he needs those two."

Echo hummed in response. "But you need to stop being so selfless copy.. what happened?" Crosshair asked.

A few moments of silence as echos head dipped in shame. "That was the first nightmare I've had in months burc'ya..." he played with his cybernetic hand tech crafted for him.

Crosshairs face shaped into a sad expression. He didn't want to say anything, nor did he need to in the first place.

He got up and grabbed Wreckers Lula. He sat down again and handed it to Echo. Echo smiled with gentle eyes and held the stuffed toy.

"You know... sometimes I-" he choked on his words and buried his head into his arms. He mumbled something but Crosshair couldn't make it out.

"What was that?" He asked.

Echo looked at him wearing glossy eyes. "Sometimes I hope I don't wake up. I hope I don't wake up so I can see him. Fives." Crosshairs breath hitched, "Echo... I-" he didn't know what to say, the right words just couldn't make their way to the surface. "Fuck..." he choked on his words too, because sometimes.. he feels that way too.

Something sounded from the hallway, they looked over and there was Tech. He had the blanket wrapped around him like he always did as a cadet.

He came over and sat down with them. "It's uncomfortable in that seat" he sleepily said, Crosshair and Echo chuckled.

"Can we sleep, I'm ready to log off.." Tech asked kindly.

The two nodded and they laid down, everyone getting into a comfy position.

Crosshair was in the middle. Echo laid in the crook of his arm, metal hand and head on his chest. Tech laid on cross's stomach and fell asleep soundly.

Echo took a bit longer but got there with the help of Crosshair rubbing his shoulders. Fixing out the knots.

Crosshair sighed happily for the first time in a long time. Wrapped around his brothers.