Shattered

THAT FIRST EP IS AWESOME!! Got some fantastic content of our boys. No spoilers in this chapter for anyone who hasn't seen it yet tho.

For later in the chapter:
(Kiros. Named after the Kiros Bird. Small, highly intelligent, and beautiful birds native to the planet Kiros, which is where the name originated from.)

Hunter walked through the hall of the ship to the pit. Inside he only found Echo and Wrecker.

His brows furrowed. "Where's Tech? He's always up here"

Echo rubbed his neck, "We're not sure either, we haven't seen him"

"huh..." Hunter sighed and walked back to his small barracks, nodding to Cross as he passed him.

He paused, "Wait- Crosshair, have you seen T? Wrecker and Echo haven't seen him" He asked, Crosshair looked up with almost a concerned expression. "He's not in the pit?" "No, I've checked" "Weird, he's ALWAYS up there. His barracks maybe?" they both looked around when they heard a faint noise hidden behind the arguing of Echo and Wrecker.

Before they could make out what it was the alarm for landing sounded off.

Crosshair and Hunter strapped themselves in.

A minute later Tech came up and sat down, hiding his face.

Hunter smiled, glad to have found him but that emotion disappeared quickly as tech sat quietly. "Tech.. are you okay?" Hunter softly asked. "Drop it, we got a mission to do." Tech said coldly.

Crosshair looked up with attitude in his face, "What's got you in a knot eh?" He scowled.

Tech stayed quiet, every so often rubbing his nose and eyes.

Hunter glared at cross while he just rolled his eyes at him.

The ship landed and they unlocked their seats. Tech hurried out of his seat and grabbed his gear, heading out quick.

Everyone looked at each other concerned and confused. Tech never acted like this, something is wrong. And one of them will figure it out.

But tech is hard nut to crack when it comes to his emotions.

Sometime after their mission most of them would go out and decompress. Everyone tried to figure out why Tech was so distant. But he pushed everyone away.

Crosshair decided to follow Tech quietly.

Even when he acted like an asshole on the outside he cared deeply for his brothers.

Tech made it to a cliff and stood there for a minute. Suddenly he broke out into tears. Screaming into his echos.

Crosshair clenched his teeth. "I JUST WISH PEOPLE WOULD FUCKING CARE! I HAVE FEELINGS TOO!!" He screamed his lungs out. He became weak and fell to his knees but caught himself with his hand.

Cross's eyes widened at the cuss. But he agreed.

He walked over and sat down by him, keeping his legs still but played with his hands.

Tech took in heavy breaths as he continued to sob, removing his goggles and covered his face with his hands.

"I'm sorry Tech...." Crosshair took on an easy tone with him, this was no teasing matter.

Tech was crumbling and he was the most kept together of the group. 'Fuck man, poor Tech'

Cross's head bowed, he put his hand gently on techs.

Tech tried to choke his tears back, he felt puny making himself vulnerable in front of crosshair of all people.

Crosshair grabbed Tech's shoulder and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Calm your breathing T." He whispered.

Tech hesitated but the tears stopped, he took in deep breaths slowly.

"There you go, that's it..."

Tech hiccuped into Crosshairs shoulder.

"Life as we have created it is a process of our thinking. And sometimes it's overwhelming, but your one of the strongest people I know.
They will NEVER know your pain.
Not like us.
And your thoughts are just what they are, thoughts.
Nothing else."

"I love you, Kiros"

Tech's lip quivered hearing that nickname he would always give him, even since they were just cadets.

"I love you..."
he whispered and hugged Tech tighter.

Soon enough with those words Techs arms were tightly wound around Crosshair as crosshairs arms were around him.

And instead of the words he screamed swirling through his mind, they were replaced with Crosshairs.

And there the two were.

On a cliff, hugging.

They let go and Crosshair put Tech's goggles back onto his face. He fixed his hair and wiped away one last tear. Tech closed his eyes.

One broken boy pieced back together the other broken boy with care.