Out of the armor

Story based off a comment from @AnimeDweeb2020 ! I changed a few things if you don't mind but I really love this story. It's now one of my favorites :))

——————————————————— = time changes

Y/n sighed as she walked up to the pit. Taking off her helmet while walking in she sat down by Tech. "Doing okay?" Tech asked. "Mm not sure, I'm making a song for my salty toothpick and I want someone's opinion on it" y/n turned her chair to him.

"Well,," Tech moved out from under the panel and sat down in his seat, "go ahead" Tech leaned back and smiled.

"Don't make fun of me please" she laughed, "Yeah yeah" he mumbled and folded his arms chuckling.

Crosshair walked up to the pit to ask tech a question "Hey tech I-..." he trailed off as he saw his love and brother laughing together. His eyebrows furrowed as she began singing to him. He moved backwards closer to the shadows seeing them smile as she sung. "I can't fucking believe it" Crosshair growled and turned away walking off furious.

Y/n and Techs head swung in his direction as he stormed off.

"Crosshair wait!" Y/n leapt off her chair and chased after him. He pressed the button to drop the hatch and walked out into the wilderness y/n hot on his tail.

"Crosshair please I can expla-" "Explain WHAT y/n!" She paused, "What is there to explain? You singing to your new cute little lover huh?" He sneered at her.

"Crosshair no I-" she was taken aback from his outburst.

"I can't believe I loved you, y/n. And tech just-..."

He sighed and turned his back to her shaking his head. "I really loved you and you fucked it up as always." He turned to her eyes full of hate, "Your full of shit. This little pathetic relationship we had going? It's bullshit. Your worthless."

Her eyes widened.

"We're. Done." he jammed his finger into her chest.

She couldn't breathe as he walked into the wilderness mumbling curses under his breath.

Soon enough the tears began to fall and her knees buckled under her. She cried clutching the paper in her hands. Everything she did was for him but he couldn't listen just one more time.

Maybe he was right. This was bullshit.

She unwrapped the song she held in her hands and ripped it up. His words played again and again in her mind as she tore it to shreds.

Worthless. Pathetic. Bullshit.

God he always did have a way with lacing his words with hate and venom. She stood up as she tore up the last piece and dropped it.

She walked back into the ship just in time to bump into Hunter. He chuckled apologizing until he noticed her tears. "What's wrong y/n?..." he asked carefully and she turned her head away from him, wiping her nose. "Can I talk to you?..."

Crosshair would come back in the morning after calming down. He dipped his head in shame thinking about what he said to his dear. He had no right to say that to her and he never even let her explain. He had to apologize and let her tell him what happened.

He looked up as he heard a twig snap. Hunter stood at the entrance to the ship. He tried to walk around him but Hunter tightly gripped his wrist.

Crosshair turned to face his brother, "What-" he tried to say but instead was met with a hard blow to his face.