Scared

"Don't touch me, I'm fine" he growled at her and put his helmet back on.

"Crosshair, I see blood coming down your shoulder. You can't just ignore that!" She argued back. "Y/n, just drop it" he whipped his head away and continued shooting at the droids that were heading towards them.

"Wrecker! 7th floor, get up here!" She yelled into the comlink and heard wrecker say that he'll be up in seconds.

Moments later as promised a bowling ball came crashing into all the droids. He started throwing them around as they yelled in terror, focusing all their attention on Wrecker.

Thank god!

Crosshair moved from his scope and took off his helmet watching Wrecker in shock, clearly he didn't expect a whole rhino to come out of no where.

Y/n sighed, taking out a small tranquilizer and stabbed it into crosshairs neck. He fought with her for a minute. "Fuck youuu... y/n..." he said before he passed out cold on the floor.

"Love ya too big guy" she patted his back before asking Wrecker to pick him up and take him back to the ship to get his shoulder checked on.

They made it back and Crosshair was slightly awake.

"Ya know y/n... wreckers pretty tough, I've never really noticed... before" he waved his hand around and dropped his head, "Stay awake asshat" she lightly smacked his cheek and he shot his eyes back open.

"And you?" He looked at her and laughed.

She just looked at him confused, continuing to patch up his shoulder from the blast. "Ya know, 2 inches further to the left and you would have complete nerve dama-" "Your pretty cute, seeing you upset with me" he giggled.

Y/n's eyes furrowed, "Stop it Crosshair"

"See there it is again!" He laughed. "So damn cute, cutie patootie" he booped her nose.

"Your basically high, get some sleep" she stood up, "Wait no, stay..." he stopped, "Please." He gave her a genuine look.

"I'm scared" he said into the silence as she sat down on the bed beside him. "Scared?" Her eyebrows tied back together again.

"Do you think Hunter will be mad at me? For being so reckless and ignoring our medic on field? What if I get banished from the group for being so cold and distant, if I can't find out a way to even feel a little emotion he'll kick me out and I can't-" "Crosshair, you need to stop. Seriously. Hunter loves you more than you know, he's always worrying about you and your well being. He would never drop you like you were garbage... Neither would I or wrecker and believe it, even Tech. We all love you so much Cross"

She grabbed his hand, he took a shaky breath in.

"I know... but sometimes I just get..." he looked up at her, "Scared."

She bent down and pulled him into a much needed hug.

"Me too"

He hummed into the crevice of her neck and hugged her back just as tight as she did with him.

"I love you..." he said gently.

She let go of him with a glossy look in her eyes, "Do you mean that or are you still high?" He smiled, "Maybe just a little bit of both"

She chuckled, "I love you too."

He smiled brighter and tugged her back into the hug, enjoying the moment.