You do understand me

Wanted to make a story with an oc of mine Wren! This will most likely be the only time I feature her. She has enchantment/telekinetic abilities like Loki and Sylvie. Hope you enjoy!

————————————————————

Wren ran through the dark alley way in a panic trying to slow her breathing. The figure up above didn't slow its pace. She shivered at the thought of it catching her.

And just like every horror movie she tripped on a object she hadn't seen. "F-fuck!" She stumbled and tried to regain her balance.

She finally got up and continued running. The creature or whatever it was was gaining on her. Wren jumped over a dumpster and hid on the other side and held her breath. The distinct running from the figure slowed and halted.

They noticed she wasn't running anymore.

In the dim light of the end of the alleyway something jumped down from the building and stood up slowly, the blades slid down menacingly. The shadow engulfed her and she gulped at the sight of them.

They suddenly turned their head her way, wren put a hand over her mouth to quiet herself. Was this her end? No.
She didn't usually resort to violence but this was a life or death situation and she'll be damn sure she didn't go out without a fight. Especially now with her daughter on the line.

Wren stood up and brought out her sword, the shing made the figure turn to her. She noticed the slight tilt in their head. They began their stride towards her with clear intent as they swung the blades around threateningly.

Wren put her right foot behind and held the sword back. She took in a sharp breath as they jumped and twirled around in the air, she blocked their attack with her sword.

The person used force and knocked her sword to the side aiming an attack with the other blade, she dodged and kicked their leg, the person rolled on their shoulder and got right back up. She hadn't expected it, this guy or whoever it was wasn't messing around.

He was leaping for another attack.

She grunted as he hit her with brutal strength, almost knocking her off balance but she held her ground. She blocked his attacks well until he kicked her stomach and sliced her face with his blade.

She gasped and fell backwards dropping her sword. He kicked it away and made his way toward her. She felt the blood quickly rushing down her cheek and getting into her mouth. The salty taste of blood hit her tongue. "Hurts doesn't it, the feeling of loss, pain, guilt..." a snaky accent let out.

She tried to push away from him but he put a foot and her and held her down, she let out a soft "aah"

"Now you will know what I lost. What I tried to protect." He growled at her, "W-What?..." she said softly.

"Don't try to act like you don't know. Your kriffing pathetic" "Please, I don't know what your talking about. Just- I.. let me get home, I have a daughter." Wren begged, she almost saw the mysterious figures eyes soften at the mention of a child.

"...You lost a child didn't you..." she said gently, the rise and fall of his chest progressively became faster.

She closed her eyes tightly and held back her tears. "I'm so sorry.." she whispered into the darkness. He pressed harder into her chest,

"YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME, SHUT UP!" He took in a sharp breath from his outburst, letting out a choked sob. "I-..." he started but stopped.

Wren suddenly grabbed his arm and brought him down, she pushed her fingertips to his temples, they both gasped as his memories flooded to her mind.

It was painful. He's lived a life, none like she's seen before.

His name, Crosshair.

He had brothers. They were happy as just little kids.

The oldest, Hunter. He looked up to Hunter. But hunter would only push him away. Her lips pursed.

Tech, Crosshair loved Tech the most but he kept that secret. Tech would listen to Crosshair and keep him company. Slept with him when he had night terrors.

Wrecker. Him and wrecker were a fun duo. They would compete and fight all the time.

He had a soft spot for another named Echo. He hated him at first, but after hearing what happened to him he knew he had to be gentle. And just as Tech had done, he would help him through the night terrors.

Crosshair had a way with words.

And... she reached farther and saw a young girl, short blonde hair, eyes full of youth. This is the child. Omega. She was the one who fully understood Crosshair.

He would cry later thinking about a conversation he once had with her. The words "It's not your fault, you can't help it" played in her mind.

Their deaths quickly flashed in her eyes. The pain she felt from him was overwhelming, she screamed and jumped away, tearing her fingers from his temple.

He sat there breathless and shaking violently. "What the hell did you just do to me?!" he breathed out. The tears started to fall.

Wren held her hand over her mouth and sobbed. He had lost them all so fast and couldn't prevent it. "Crosshair I-" he grabbed her collar and slammed her against the wall. The blood on her face was already drying. "Don't you fucking say that name again you understand me?" His voice cracked and tears welled up in his eyes, finger shaking in her face.

"I know how much they meant to you..." she softened her frightened gaze. His teeth clenched but he didn't stop her.

She carefully reached up her hands, he almost flinched at the touch. She reached and pulled his hood off. He had longer silver curly hair than what she had saw in his memories.

The burn from the engine barely visible but the crosshair over his eye was freshly marked.

Her hands slid down to his temples again.

He took in a shaky breath as she entered his memories once more. The eye contact made between the two had a blazing connection. She burrowed and found memories fond to him.

His lips curved to a small smile reliving them again.

He leaned down and rested his forehead against hers. Wren opened her eyes to see him crying silently.

She put down her palms onto the sides of his face, "Crosshair I'm so-" "No" he stopped her and pulled her into a much needed hug. "You do understand me."