Emergency Landing PT 2

We've had the clones staying with us for about a month now. Y/n got to know each of them and each of their favorite hobbies and things they hate.

All except Crosshair.

He was a tough nut to crack. He really enjoyed the company of Koji though. She would come downstairs in the night and he'll be cuddled with Crosshair. Koji likes to cuddle with echo and tech too. It's really sweet.

One day they decided to go off into a fun walk in the forest near y/n's house.

Y/n put on Koji's harness and a cute bandana and let him race outside.

(Koji ^^ 💞💞)

(Koji ^^ 💞💞)

Omega bounded ahead dragging Wrecker and Koji with her. Koji barked the whole way and chased after them.

Echo and Hunter were having a conversation while Tech studied all the new plants he could find. Crosshair walked in the back and sometimes stopped when tech did so he didn't have to stay with the group.

Y/n frowned and stopped to let the two catch up.

Tech gasped and ran up to Echo excited to show him something he found. Crosshair walked solemnly, sad to have lost his partner.

"How are you feeling? Hope that wound is treating you better" y/n smiled kindly. He gave her a look and continued to walk.

They got to her favorite spot but you have to break off the main trail to get to it.

"Hey Crosshair, can I show you something?" She asked and he looked over, "It's just this way" she walked ahead hoping he was following.

Just a few moments after that thought she heard his light footsteps.

They made it to the clearing where a tree stump laid. White flowers all around the floor and a few mushrooms here and there. This place literally felt magical to her and she hoped to god no one else would find it.

"It's a comfort place of mine.. found it a while back" she told him as she sat down on the stump. He hummed in content and fell to his knees and felt the soft pedals.

"I hope they're not mad we ditched them" y/n giggled, "Doubt anyone will notice, too entranced in what they're doing" Crosshair responded softly. Y/n chuckled.

The sounds of birds and small creatures were the only noises around them.

Crosshair was picking the prettiest flowers and holding them in his hands.

Y/n looked down and found a pink one. She walked over and set it down in his small bundle. He looked up at her and gave a small smile before looking away.

She sat down by him and picked up grass attempting to braid it.

Y/n glanced at him and noticed that he had dropped all the other flowers and twirled the pink one with his index finger and his thumb.

And that's when it came to her.
He finally found some sort of peace.

No being bothered by Tech bombarding him with questions. No Koji barking. No Wrecker roughhousing with Omega. No being picked apart piece by piece by scientists.

Just him and her, twirling flowers and braiding grass.

He let out a few sniffles and tried to choke back tears. It surprised her so she didn't know how to react.

He dropped the flower and covered his eyes with his hand. "Why do they still want me in the group. After all I've done" his voice cracked. "I've fucked up over and over and over again and they still care about me. Why?" He whimpered.

She grabbed the hand covering his face and move her fingers up slowly making sure he was okay with it. He didn't reject her. Her fingers made their way to his palm then slowly snaked through the gaps in his fingers. She clasped her hand in his.

He hesitated for a moment before closing his hand around hers too.

He looked at her with fragile eyes, her kind e/c eyes gave him odd reassurance and safety. He felt himself around her.

"It's going to be okay." She gave him a small smile and the butterflies in his stomach stirred only a little. She let go of his hand and the butterflies left but came right back when the pink flower floated back into his palm.

Y/n stood up. "Let's get back to the others." He stood up with her and on their way back to the main trail she stopped. Crosshair's eyebrows tied together in confusion.

"Crosshair look" she pointed ahead and smiled.

Two foxes ran across the trail, one stopped to take a look at them before heading off with its partner.

"That's a bit of a rare sight, two of em" she chuckled. "What were they?" Crosshair asked, "Foxes. Intelligent, swift, and snarky little creatures." She continued walking.

They met back up with the others and Wrecker pestered Crosshair asking what he was doing with her before Hunter told him to knock it off.

Crosshair was not amused and ignored him, but continued to hold the flower delicately in his hand.
🌸