Prologue

*this has been updated*

   "Sirius, if you keep letting her fly around on that broom and into whatever she sees, she's going to get a concussion," Remus scolded his fiance as he was packing the nine-month old infant's bag for her sleepover at the Potter's while he and Sirius went out for the night.

"Aw come on Moony, Marrie's got to have some excitement before she's old enough to go to Hogwarts. And besides, she'll make Harry look bad if she didn't do that" Sirius argued while fixing a vase that the small child knocked over after running into the side table.

"And how exactly would she be doing that?" Remus questioned

"Because my little Starshine is the best flyer out there, even if she's too small to understand what the word Quidditch even means." Sirius responded with the signature Black smirk on his face, earning a chuckle from Remus until a loud CRASH was heard from down the hall, to which both men rushed to the source of the sound.

"Godric Amara, you're going to be the death of me," Remus chuckles as he picks up the child, who was laughing at her not-so-clever dismount from her broom.

"You're not helping our case here Pup," Sirius jokes, "Your Poppy is going to be a worry wolf here in a little bit if you keep getting yourself in dangerous situations."

"If she's anything like you or me Sirius, I don't think that she'll refrain from getting into them. Especially if she's like you, she'll get into those stupid situations because she was protecting someone she cares for."

"And if she's anything like you she'll say that she did what she had to do." Sirius counters.

"I think that we've come into an agreement to never let Amara out of our sight," Remus chuckles, kissing his daughter's forehead.

"As long as I'm alive, that won't be possible. Now, I say we get her ready to take her over to Prongs' so we can go out for our anniversary, what do you think?"

Remus chuckles. "He'll be upset if we chickened out of having some fun at the last minute, wouldn't he? I'll clean this mess up, will you go get her ready? I already packed her night bag."

Sirius takes Amara from Remus, pecking him on the lips as he does, and taking their daughter up to her nursery to get ready. Once he opens the door and turns on the light, he hands Amara her music box, who then opens it, the charmed box begins to play the music while three figures run around the bubble that pops up whenever the box is opened. She giggles as the wolf, dog, and cub race around the forest.

"Alright Starshine, what do you want to wear? Your cute little wolf onesie, or your star one?" Sirius asks, holding the two options in either hand. Noticing his daughter's enchantment in the music box, he laughs gently and says, "The wolf one it is then."

After getting her changed, Sirius grabs her night bag and closes the box, much to Amara's dismay, and carries her and the bag downstairs to meet Remus.

"Remmy, that music box was one of the smartest things we could've gotten her," he chuckles.

"Still obsessed with it, is she?"

"She won't take her eyes off it when it's on," Sirius answers while Remus takes Amara from him.

"Alright love, you ready?" Remus asks, earning a nod from Sirius, and together they apparate to the Potter cottage, where their two best friends are currently hiding with their one year old son. They didn't even have a chance to knock on the door before it swung open, revealing a very over-eager James Potter.

"Baby Moonfoot!" He cries and takes the child right out of Remus' arms and runs inside, ignoring Sirius' arms outstretched, expecting a hug from his brother. Lily shows up behind James while carrying Harry on her hip.