Fall Balls and a Stray

*this has been edited*

TW: Mentions of abuse

Dear Hermione,

I hope you are doing well. I'm writing to you to request for you to bring some extra supplies with you to Hogwarts this year. You see, it seems as if I'd become more clumsy over the summer, and would greatly appreciate some extra bandages and a healing spell or potion here or there. I figured that by now, you'll be staying with the Weasleys at the Leaky Cauldron, so I was hoping that for somethings you could ask Molly for, seeing as she's had plenty of experience using them due to raising the Twins, Bill,, Charlie, and Ron. Knowing Harry, he'll probably end up staying with you guys after doing something stupid (or at least I hope he does, I made a bet with Ginny on the train back). Anyways, before you can lecture me on how I mustn't waste my money on something like betting, please say hi to Thunder-head for me. Oh, and also Gred and Forge, Ron, and Ginny please (and tell them that I want to write them back, but if I do, I'll be punished for it). Oh well. They;re hosting a ball tonight, which I'm sure you can only imagine my excitement for. I hope to see you in less than a week.

-Amara Eve

P.S. if you don't mind, please keep Specks with you, as I don't want my "parents" to find out that I wrote to you

Finishing my letter to Hermione, I quickly put it in the quickest envelope I can find, and hand it to Specks, who flies out of my window and to Hermione and the rest of my friends, who are without a doubt having a better end to their summer than I am (except if Harry stays at the Dursleys, then we would be even). I flop back on my bed after shutting my window when my foster "mother" barges into my room.

"Your father and I have decided-"

"He is most certainly not my father, and you are not my mother." I cut her off.

She raises her wand. "I suggest that you obey my commands, or I'll show you how much we aren't your parents."

I don't react, just stand there staring her down and trying to focus on anything else, like going back to Hogwarts in less than a week now.

"Anyways, we've decided that you will attend dinner, and then you are to spend the rest of your night in your room, where no one will notice you're there or there will be consequences. Understand?" I give a slight nod. "Good, I'll have Rodger bring you your gown, and you are expected to be downstairs in no less than ten minutes." And with that, she leaves, and our house elf Rodger brings me my gown.

Oh goody, I get to dress up like them, I think as I assess it. It's a deep emerald green gown, with sleeves that cling onto my shoulders. I quickly put on the gown, put on some light makeup, and brush out my hair before I head downstairs.

"Amara, so glad you could join us this evening," Mr. Bonavich exclaims as I take my assigned seat at the table as I process everyone that's here. Seeing as the Bonavich's only approves of pureblood wizards, only those of the sacred 29 receive invitations to their "fantastic" dinner parties and balls. If you ask me though, you're really not missing anything other than stuck up brats dancing around like it's medieval times for six hours straight. All my life I've done everything I could to get out of them, even if it meant punishment.

Looking to the right of Mrs. Bonavich, I see the Malfoys, looking as constipated as usual. Narcisssa's actually quite nice, but she puts on this whole "pureblood supremacist" act and sucks up to her abusive husband. Her son Draco does the same thing. Seeing as just the thought of talking to them was aggravating me, I decided just not to acknowledge anyone else, and ate my dinner quickly and quietly, answering only when spoken to. When I finished, I said a small thank you and left for my room.