The Past can Haunt you (feat. an illegal visit to Hogsmeade and Snuffles)

*this chapter has been edited*

 I wake up early the next morning, so I decide to head out to the Black Lake before I go to Hogsmeade; once again without Harry. After I get there, I sit down and open my book, and I hear something walk up to me.

I gasp. "Snuffles! Where have you been?"

The dog looks at me, as if saying you and I both know that I can't answer you. I sit back down and pat the spot next to me,

"Yeah, I should've seen that coming, shouldn't I" I joke, and it looks like Snuffles snorted-can dogs snort?

"Well let me tell you, you've missed a lot, my little gossip friend. To start off with me, I found a piece of my family," I smile softly. "I found my dad-turns out I have two-not that it matters, but it's made this year so much more than what it was before, you know? Oh, and Regan and Fred finally got together. Turns out something good came out of me being electrocuted-which by the way is something I don't recommend, it wasn't too fun, but then again, I've been in worse conditions," He looks at me incredulously, as if it's the most bizarre thing he's heard, and maybe it is-he is just a dog after all. After about fifteen more minutes of talking about everything that's happened, I make my way back up into the castle to meet Dad.

Once back inside the castle, I sneak up into Dad's quarters and creep up into his room. Once there, I quickly transform into my animagus and jump on the bed, rolling around. Of course, Dad shoots up, startled, though he calms down once he sees me.

"Well that's certainly a way to wake someone up Mars," he laughs. "I'm guessing that you were just at the Black Lake?" he asks as he sits up, still chuckling.

"How'd you guess?" I ask, puzzled. I hadn't been seen, had I?

"Your father specifically used to go down there whenever he woke up early, or when he was upset, or when he was bored-really, it came to a point that whenever he wasn't with us we assumed he was at the Black Lake."

"Do you think that you could-" I nervously begin to ask a question that I've been debating on asking for weeks as I fidget with my locket, "that you could tell me some stories about it? You and Dad, your childhood, things like that."

He ponders this for a moment, then his eyes drift to my locket, and his face of thought has morphed into one of shock and joy. "You still have the locket," he says with a grin on his face, and tears forming in his eyes.

I nod. "Yeah, it's one of the few things that I still have from when I was little. The older I got, the more things they took saying that I had to 'seperate myself from the past'. When they asked about the locket, I lied and said that I dropped it when I was playing outside. There's a small hidden compartment in my room, under the carpet in one of my floorboards that one of our old house-elves showed me after the Bonavichs took away my small stuffed wolf; that's where I hide the locket when I'm home and a few other things I was able to convince them that I had lost. I've learned to seal it with magic too so they can't find it." Dad quickly came over and hugged me tightly.

"I promise," he begins, "that you will never have to go back there and endure that again. Not while I'm around. I'm working out a way to take you in once the school year's over, if that's alright with you."

"Alright with me? Dad, I wouldn't want anything more than that. Now lets go, you have to eat breakfast, and I have to meet Ron and Hermione to go to Hogsmeade,"

"I thought that you were going with Regan, OJ and Annaleigh?"

"I trade off everytime, that way everyone gets their fair-share of Amara Lupin-Black." I grin, but he stops, staring at me in shock.