Truth and Fear

*this chapter has been edited*

"So  Harry got the grim in his cup, eh?" Fred asks with a smirk on his face as he grabs a role.

   "I call getting Harry's cloak if he dies!" George jokes, earning a scolding look from Hermione.

   "Awe, come on Mione, you don't think that that stuff's actually real, do you?" I ask, worried that she's now concerned that Harry and I will die awful deaths.

   "No, I don't, that whole class is rubbish, I can't believe that we actually have to take it in order to gain our credits." she practically yells. "I mean, Harry has already been through so much to the point where it's not even funny to joke about your deaths."

   "Oh Mione, trust us, I doubt there's many things that'll finish our dear Thunderbrain. I mean, if  a poisonous snake couldn't finish him, I wonder what can, if anything," I comment, before taking another bite of the steak pie that's for dinner.

   "I don't know, but I still think that we should leave the subject alone please," Hermione asks, and we drop it, moving onto the rest of our day. On our way back to the common room, I hang back with Harry, just to talk.

   "Hey Harry, do you ever wonder what your parents were like?"

   "Well yeah, all the time, why do you ask? Is everything okay?"

   "Yeah, it's just-" I sigh "I wish I knew why. They left, I mean. What caused both of them to look at me and just leave-my father literally chose murder over caring for his daughter. I've never even heard of my mother. I never knew either of them, and no one tells me anything. No one knows anything. Sometimes I just wish that I could speak to my dad, just once. Understand why he made the choice that he made. I mean, it must take a lot to choose to kill someone over staying to raise your child-"

   Without saying a word, Harry pulls me into a tight hug. We stayed there, his hand running through my hair, and me taking in his scent.

   "They weren't thinking, Mar. I'd take someone so incredibly stupid to leave someone as amazing as you, and don't you forget that. If they were, I have no doubt they wouldn't have thought twice of staying with you."

~Time skip and Remus POV (idk if you were expecting this or not, but enjoy what's about to go down :D)~

   "Remus, Dumbledore would like to see you in his office please," McGonagall states from my door, and I follow her up into his office.

   "Ah Remus, come in and sit down," he calls

   "Is something wrong Sir?"

   "No, nothing at all, I just would like to inform you on one of the main reasons I chose to have you teach here." I nod, not prepared for what's about to come.

   "I do believe you've met Miss Black?"

   "Yes sir, but only for a brief moment on the train-wait, what does this have to do about Amara Black?" I ask, suddenly getting anxious as if I already know the answer.

   "I'm sure that you've noticed the similarities between you and her then, and obviously her resemblance to Sirius,"

   "Where is this going sir, if I may ask?"

   "I would like to tell you a story, Remus. Once, about a little less than fourteen years ago, a woman apparated into Minerva's office, asking for help on how to help her husbands'-and hers-two best friends produce a child-even though they were of the same sex-after overhearing a discussion of their own desire to have a child after she announced hers."