The Aftermath (feat. a missing teacher and a failed Quidditch game)

*this chapter has been edited*

 "Wait, go back. You're saying that you're Professor Lupin's daughter?"

"Ron, she's said it three times now, don't make the poor girl say it again," Hermione scolded.

"Well, what're you going to do about it? You can't exactly just keep this secret for forever Marrie, this isn't looking up a few of the answers for potions Marrie, this is your family." Ron questioned, which caused Harry to smack him on the head.

"Ron, can't you see what this is doing to her? She can't just walk up to the man and say "Hi, I'm your daughter that you left for thirteen years with no explanation, I'm totally fine by the way, I just get tortured at home, which has been a normal occurrence since, oh I don't know, was seven bloody years old!" Harry argued.

"Harry, Ron's right," I said softly, causing the other three people's attention to turn to me. "I mean, he is. I can't just let this information go, I've waited my entire life to find out who my other parent was. I mean, I don't know the reason why he left, but it had to be something important. I-I have to talk to him, the question is how?" silence followed my question.

Ever since Halloween, rumors, theories, and anything in between started flying, each one more crazy than the next, which only made my situation more and more difficult. And those who aren't spreading the rumors, give me and Harry looks of pity, which are almost worse. This entire week I've been waiting for the right time to tell Harry, Ron and Hermione, seeing as I told Reg and Fred the next morning because it was George, OJ and Le that were with me in the moment. So sitting by the Black Lake before practice, I've decided to let them know what was on my mind, thus creating the situation at hand. Unsurprisingly, 'Mione is the only one out of the three of them that has taken this information calmly.

"Well, you could just walk up to him, but that would be too awkward, and he'll know that you heard, and you'll be in trouble and then-" I take that back, Hermione's taking this just as bad as the other two, except she shows her emotions in her words rather than her actions most of the time.

"Mione, I'll be fine. I don't think that I'm going to tell him soon anyways, I still need to process the whole thing. Anyways, who's super happy and excited that we get to talk to Sir Cadogan whenever we walk in or out of our common room?"

Harry groans. "Don't remind me please, it's getting to be more of a headache everyday. Well that and the fact that the staff is now practically breathing down my neck," he chuckles.

I playfully scoff. "You mean to tell me that you don't like Potterwatch? I think that it's rather amusing to see you with your personal escorts, even if it means that that role's too big for me to fill it now."

"That's because your father is more determined than ever to kill off Harry, so much to the point that McGonagall was about to take him off the Quidditch team for the time being," Ron stated, as if this was an obvious fact.

"She what?! Harry you never told me that she tried to do that."

He gave a pointed look at Ron and turned back to me. "It's not that big of a deal, it got worked out. Besides, I'm glad I didn't tell you now seeing as the fact that you had this going on in your mind."

"Look at the time you two, you're going to be late for practice," Hermione says after checking the time. Harry and I quickly hurry off to change in the dressing rooms, and when we meet up on the pitch, Ollies ready to give one of his famous speeches that he gives before the first match of the year.

"Alright everyone, I have news. We aren't playing Slytherin!"

"Then who are we playing? The games this weekend, they can't just cancel it!" Katie Bell says.