A Welcome Home Gone Dark

*this chapter has been edited*

SLAP

"Merlin Ronald, you didn't have to slap her that hard!"

"What!? She wasn't waking up, and it's better to rip off the band-aid rather than have her strangle me for shaking her for another five minutes!"

"Well good morning to you too," I chuckle as I sit up and take in the situation. I turn and see Harry still sleeping next to me. "Oi Har, it's time to wake up!" I yell as I punch him in the arm, causing him to jolt awake.

"I don't know which is hurting more," he starts to say with a smile on his face "my arm, or my ear"

I roll my eyes. "Oh please, I could've done much worse if you gave me the chance. I'm just being nice."

"Are you both alright?" The professor asks Harry and I while taking out a chocolate bar, handing us a piece each. "Here, eat these, you'll feel better while I talk to the driver." He quickly stands up and leaves.

"What were those things?" Harry asks

"Dementors," Hermione answers. "They guard Azkaban. I don't know why they thought that Black was here though."

I shrug while finishing my chocolate and getting up off the ground. "I don't know, but I need to check on the girls," I state as I dust myself off and turn to leave, before sticking my head back in the door. "And Harry, try not to pass out again please, we can only have one sleeping beauty around here, and that spot is filled by yours truly." I put on my signature smirk and leave the compartment, heading to the compartment that the girls and I have ridden in since first year. It certainly makes it easier to find it now that the lights are back on and the trains moving again.

~in the compartment after Amara leaves~

"Does anyone else think that Marrie and the new professor look alike?" Harry asks

"I was just thinking the same thing," Ron answered.

~back to your scheduled programming~

I find the compartment door and open it, only to be crushed yet again in a hug. "Ammie! We were starting to think you forgot where the compartment was!"

"Oh please Reg, I'm the one who found this compartment. I was going to come sooner, but the rusty cloaked vacuums decided to attack Harry and I."

"Rusty old vacu-you mean the Dementors, Am?" Ophelia asks, perking up from her book.

"I don't know where you're getting this whole "Dementor" thingy from OJ, because I'm pretty sure that it was a cloaked rusty old vacuum that wants to suck our souls out." I joke.

"I'm with Mara on this one, OJ. Newt Scammander's drawings make them look exactly like Mara's describing them." Annaleigh joins my side, and Regan is suppressing her giggles while Ophelia rolls her eyes.

"Back to the previous topic," Regan starts, "We're getting you some speed potion this year for your birthday considering it took you years to get here."

"I would've come sooner, but Mione insisted on healing everything before I was allowed to leave. And Harry ranted/explained the whole situation with my psychotic excuse for a father. Then Ron said that he was going to tell the twins about my homelife and-wait, where are Fred and George? Please tell me you're not letting them beat us to pull our first prank. It would be quite depressing, seeing as I have the advantage at the moment."

"I swear on Merlin Amara, if something isn't done about this soon I will do something about it. You can't keep living like this, it's been going on since you were like what? Seven? Eight?" Ophelia exclaims, her book now stored in her bag.