A Quidditch Redemption, oh and Dad Messed Up

"Alright, let's go over the rules one more time." Dad says standing under the stands, two hours before Gryffindor's match with Ravenclaw with Pop and I. I normally skip breakfast before a game to go out and practice, so no one will think of this as any different-except for the girls, of course.

"No getting hit by bludgers," Pop says,

"No hitting people with bludgers," Dad says.

I laugh and roll my eyes. "You and I both know that I'm not a beater, so we won't have to worry about that."

"On the contrary, Uncle Prongs once hit one after the Slytherins got away with a foul," Dad says chuckling while Pop shakes his head.

"No getting your broom jinxed," Pop continues,

"No jinxing the other teams brooms," Dad follows,

"No distractions." Pop says, and Dad's eyes widen

"That's a good one. I agree, no distractions. This means if something happens during the game, put the focus on your safety above anything else, you understand me?" he says, and I nod

"I make no promises, but I'll do the best I can. I'm not letting anyone get hurt when I could've prevented it."

"Good enough. Anyways, final rule. No falling. I mean it. And no getting struck by lightning either, though that shouldn't be a problem today," Pop says sternly.

"You have your patronus down Pup? I remember you saying that Harry's is going along well," Dad asks.

"Kinda, I-er, I was more focused on Harry learning his rather than me learning mine," I trail off with every word as I watch my father's faces fall.

"Before you say anything, we all know that they affect him more than they do me. I only hear voices from that night, Harry sees the whole scene." I lie, easily knowing that the more often I see them when Harry's practicing, they've moved on to other memories. But they don't need to know that, not yet anyways.

"You know, sometimes, I hate the fact that you're like us," Pop sighs.

"Yes Moony, it does make it a bit more challenging to get through to her doesn't it? Oh well, I'm sure there's something out there that can. But, really, Starshine-you need to learn that spell, and you need to perform it like it's natural for you. It-it has proven to be useful over the years." Dad says, ending the last part in a solemn tone.

"Well now that you have her worrying about something happening, we're going to let her go back to the castle so someone can hopefully force her to eat something before the game." Pop says, dragging Dad away and giving me a pointed look. With a sigh and a chuckle, I head back up to the castle.

~time-skip brought to you by laziness :D~

"Wood, Davies, shake hands," Madam Hooch commanded as the rest of us took our positions in the air.

"Mount your brooms...on my whistle...three...two...one!" and just like that chaos ensued.

Remember what we said Pup-be careful. I-ouch Remmy-we don't want you to fall again.

Stop worrying her Padfoot, you'll only make it happen by distracting her. We're watching from under the stands, Lion. We love you, and no matter how this ends, we're proud-

Unless you fall off your broom again.

Sirius!

On the contrary, I say on the link as I score a goal, I find that this helps me focus. Except for thinking back on the first game of the year-that is quite the opposite of helpful.