Recovery, Electrical Storms, and a Overdue Reunion

*this chapter has been edited*

This is going to be a shorter chapter I think, like a collection of one shots leading up to the illegal Hogsmeade trip

~three weeks after the match, Amara's POV~

   Ouch. That's all I can think of. Ouch.

"Well I guess that's what it feels like to be struck by lightning," I mumble to no one in particular. "Good to know." I open my eyes to find Harry's head resting by my hand on the side of the bed. I quickly pick my other hand up and begin to play with his hair a bit before he snaps his head up.

"Good morning sleepy head," I chuckle. "Did you have a nice nap?"

His face breaks out into a grin, and then it becomes serious. "Don't ever do that again Amara, you've been asleep for almost a month now."

"I've gotten to miss Snape's classes for a month?" I ask and he nods. "I don't see what the big deal was then. Can you help me sit up?"

"Yeah, it might hurt though, considering your mending spine and ribs. You gave us all quite a scare you know. Especially Professor Lupin, who accidentally knows that you know that he's your dad."

I sigh in relief. "At least now I don't have to awkwardly tell him that I know. How is he?"

"He was a wreck the first few days that you were out-not that's it's gotten any better, we can all tell that he was just as nervous as the rest of us. He was in here at least for thirty minutes the first night, where he told me everything that happened. Don't ask me to tell you the story though, I feel like he's the one who should tell you."

I groan. "You're such a tease, I hope you know. When can I leave?" I ask as soon as I sit up, already making a mental list in my head of things I need to do, the first thing being talking to my dad.

"Well, can you get up?" Harry asks, and with shaky legs, I stand up. He sighs. "You want to talk to your Dad, don't you?"

I nod. "I have to Harry, it's been almost thirteen years-wait, what day is it?"

"November 16," he answers. Phew. No birthdays or full moons were missed.

"Good, so not thirteen years yet," I answer. "You'll cover for me if Poppy comes?"

"Only if you promise me you'll come straight back," Harry says, and I nod and hug him, saying an endless stream of thank yous, then I hurry to my dad's quarters.

I knock on the door before I can talk myself out of it. I hear 'come in', and I open the door.

I see him at his desk in the back of the room, with his back turned to me, without a doubt grading some papers. Without wasting anymore time, I say,

"Hi Dad."

He immediately turns around. A look of disbelief spreads across his face, and he begins to slowly walk towards me, which takes him about two strides. He then cups his hands on either side of my face, both of our eyes starting to swell, and he pulls me in for a hug.

"Hello again my little lion," he whispers. "I-I'm so so sorry. I should've never let him take you from me. I'm never letting you into danger again, I promise."

"I love you Dad," I whisper into his shoulder, finally letting my tears go.

"I love you more Starshine, more than anyone will ever know," he whispers back.

After about another minute of peace, we break apart. He takes a look at me, and chuckles.

"You look like the perfect little mix of us. Your features match your father's, except you have my hair. And your eyes; merlin they almost match his perfectly, except for the little chocolate specks here and there from mine. You've grown up little lion," he finishes with a sad smile. "I'm so sorry that I've missed so much of your life, but I'm here now, and I'm not leaving anytime soon. Anything you want to know, I'll tell you."