Birthdays and Midnight Talks

*this chapter has been edited (sorry for taking the astronomy tower part out in advance lol)*

   You know, I'm starting to think that Moldy-Shorts went about killing Harry all wrong. Because once news got out of what Harry said to me in the forest came out, he's better off staying hidden beneath the cloak. It's quite scary to see how their happy, light-hearted moods quickly shifted to murderous glares in a matter of seconds after finding out what happened. It didn't help that throughout the next week, Harry made no attempt to talk to me.

"I'm going to take over for your Dad and murder the bloody idiot soon if he doesn't grow a pair and apoligize for all of the dragon dung he said to you." OJ snarled at breakfast the morning before she, Reg, and Le were going home for the holidays.

"Easy there wolfy, people can hear you," Reg warned

"And they can hear you calling her wolfy," Le smirked, giving OJ a high-five.

I sigh. "I'm over it anyways, I'm looking forward to the holidays this year for once. Speaking of, is Freddie going to give you a goodbye/merry christmas kiss before you go?" I asked, changing the subject and turning to Reg, who blushes deeply.

"Oh come on Mara," Le answered, a grin playing on her face, "they already had their little session earlier this morning based off of the color of Reg's cheeks." we all burst into laughter at this, causing many to turn and look at us, but we don't mind. But soon after it starts, they turn to glare at someone behind me.

"He needs to learn how to not stare, he doesn't get to get all googly-eyed at you after calling you all of those things. Honestly, you think that he'd be at least a little bit smarter with glasses." Le commented, still glaring at him.

"Oh forget him," I said, "are you guys all packed and ready for the train? The carriages are leaving in fifteen minutes!"

"No Marrie," OJ started

"We aren't packed," Reg continues

"We're just lugging around our empty trunks for fun." Le finished, causing another round of laughter as I walked with them to where the carriages were. We quickly said goodbye, promising to write after we open the presents we got for each other, and all of them insisting that we have a birthday party in the room of requirement once they get back. I wave goodbye to them as the carriages pull away one by one, and go to the courtyard for a bit, admiring the look that Hogwarts has in the winter.

"Amara, Amara wait!" I hear Hermione calling from behind me. I stop and turn around, waiting for her to catch up.

"Hi Hermione, how're you doing? Ready for Christmas-which is in exactly four days?"

She giggles. "I'm more excited for your thirteenth birthday tomorrow. And I think the more important question is; how are you doing? Merlin, I was so mad at Harry that day-nothing compared to Ron or the twins, but we all took turns letting him have it. He shouldn't have said any of those things, no matter how upset he was."

"You really shouldn't have done that 'Mione, I'm fine. Still a little hurt by his words, but I'm hurt the most by his lack of-well, anything really. I know it's not even been a week but-I dunno. This is our first fight ever since we've met and-I feel responsible for it."

"Responsible for an action you didn't commit? Amara, you deserved nothing that he said, heritage or not."

I sigh. "That's what I've been told. But to be honest 'Mione, I've been told so much lately-who I am, what I'm doing, whether or not I should be locked in a cell next to my father-I don't know what to believe anymore. I mean, I never met my father, and I've only known my dad for a short while, what if I'm exactly what everyone says that I am? I don't know either of my dads well enough to know who I'm more like-" I check the time, and gather my things. "Speaking of, Dad insisted that I try some of his world famous brownies, I'll see you later though?"