Epilogue

~3rd person POV~

Not even an hour of Amara becoming unconscious on the Bonavich's study floor, there's a knock at the Manor door. Their house elf, Liam, moves to answer it.

"Hello," the man says pleasantly, "My name is Remus Lupin. Are Mr and Mrs Bonavich home?"

"Liam will go get them for Remus Lupin," Liam says, hurrying off to wherever the old couple were, which turned out to be in the living room. They all come storming towards the door within minutes.

"And what exactly do you want, Lupin?" Mr. Bonavich demands.

"I would just like to speak with the two wonderful people who've had to raise my daughter for me," Remus lies through his teeth. In reality, he and Sirius knew that Remus would have to put up the act if they stood a chance in getting their daughter out of this house after Dumbledore gave them permission to do so a week after the term ended.

"You're her father?!" Mrs. Bonavich exclaimed. "I thought-"

"Yes, well, you thought wrong. You see I was ashamed of her from the second I first laid eyes on the thing..."

"So were we," Mr. Bonavich agreed. "It only got worse with her age, there's only so much the Cruciatus Curse can do, which is nothing on her. The brat cut my arm open an hour or so ago after the freak blasted my spell back at me. I can't count how many curses and hexes we put on her, but it was enough to knock her out in the study!" he bellows, laughing at Amara's pain.

Remus can feel himself wanting to strangle them, wanting to put them in the same pain they put his daughter in for years, but he knows that if he does he'll put Sirius at risk of being caught and Amara at risk for more torture. Instead, he uses the link to reach out to Sirius.

She's in the study. You better hurry and get her out of here before I lose my cool and blow our cover. They've knocked her unconscious.

On it now. Remind me to thank Harry again for letting us borrow his Invisibility Cloak, they didn't even see me walk past them.

And so Remus continues to engage in meaningless and rude conversation in order to buy Sirius enough time to rescue their daughter. Meanwhile, Sirius under the Invisibility Cloak (which Harry was all too happy to let them borrow when he found out what they were doing, yet Sirius and Remus were confused on why Harry's face got so red when they mentioned Amara) was exploring the Manor. He was looking for two things; Amara, and her room. He remembered her talking about how she's hidden the few possessions she has from Sirius and Remus hidden under a floorboard in a bag.

He searched the second floor, hoping to find her room first. And in the last room in the last Hallway, he found what he was looking for.

"Bingo," he whispered, entering her room.

He found the creaky board under the rug and opened it, grabbing the bag in there and finding her locket, music box, jacket, and a few other trinkets. He spots Archie in a cage over in the corner, and lets him out and allows the creature to jump in the pocket of his own leather jacket.

"Now to find Starshine," he breathes, quickly leaving the room and closing the door as quietly as he can.

Moons, I have her things. Can you find out where the study is? I'm scared that I'll run out of time to find her-

First floor, behind the stairs. Come quickly.

Scared about what the blunt response was about, Sirius dashes for the study. Within it, he finds Remus pointing his wand at the Bonavichs, and not even six feet away was his daughter, bloodied and bruised in a corner. Archie jumps out of his pocket and scurries over to Amara, nestling in the crook in her neck.

"I can't believe it," Mrs. Bonavich whispers, "Sirius Black. So the rumors are true, you both are Amara's only biological parents-"

"Indeed," Sirius answers, drawing his wand out. "Now I suggest you do what's smart and let us take our daughter back with us and not make a big deal about it at the Ministry, or I'll serve time again in Azkaban for a crime I actually committed."

They must've known they were outmatched in some way, because after a minute of silence, Mrs. Bonavich gives in.

"Fine," she snarls, "take your freakish monster back with you. But when she lashes out and tries to kill you like she did with my Nathaniel, don't say that we didn't warn you."

Sirius is the first to move, dashing over to his daughter while Remus keeps his wand pointed at the couple.

"And for your information," Remus says as Sirius comes back with their daughter tucked in his arms. "She's the most amazing young lady to walk the planet, and we're proud to call her our daughter."

And the three apparate away from the Manor, never looking back.

~Three weeks later~

Lupin-Black Cottage has been nothing but chaotic and exciting since bringing Amara back and healing her. It's been everything that Remus Lupin-Black has longed for since taking the potion, and the thing that Sirius Lupin-Black has longed for since Lily and James' death.

The night they brought Amara home, Sirius (again) proposed to Remus, and two weeks later, they were married out in the garden of their cottage. The couple couldn't have been happier to have had the chance to finally be married, even though not every guest they wanted to be there was able to attend-not physically, at least.

After the wedding, instead of a honeymoon, the small family re-decorated the cottage. The couple's personal favorite part was setting up Amara's room (again), the paint battle of 1994 being one of their greatest achievements.

"Pop, have you seen my copy of Alice in Wonderland?" Amara yells up the stairs of the cottage.

"Didn't you leave it on the counter?" Sirius yells back.

"I didn't check there, thank you!" she replies, and sure enough, it's laying on the kitchen counter next to her response to Ron Weasley about her being able to go with their family to the Quidditch World Cup-which was something she was extremely excited about.

"Did you find your book, Lion?" Remus asks, him and Sirius strolling into the kitchen.

"Mhm! I'm about to send out my letter to Ron to-hi Sketch," Amara greets her owl-the one she used at school was the Bonavich's so Sirius simply got her a new one. After sending the bird away, Amara turns to see her fathers looking at her nervously.

"What's wrong? Are we missing a quaffle?" She asks, trying to remember where she put it last.

"Oh no, none of that," Remus reassures her.

"We just have a question to ask you, Pup," Sirius continues, looking back and forth between his husband and his daughter.

"Of course, what is it?" she asks, clueless as to why they're so nervous about asking her something.

"Okay, we want your honest opinion Mars, alright?" Sirius asks, and he and Remus nod.

"You Dad and I have been thinking Lion,"

"How would you feel if your Poppy and I had another baby?"

And there you have it! Amara's first book is finally finished! I hope that you all have enjoyed this book, the sequel will be published in a few minutes! I just want to take a minute to quickly thank everyone who encouraged me to write this book, let alone publish is on here. I wouldn't have the drive to continue these stories if it weren't for you guys! Secondly, everyone on this app who has taken the time to read my story! I thank all of you! Thirdly, the people who comment and vote on here! I love reading and responding to you guys! I hope that you all are doing well, and thank you for reading this far!

Until the sequel,

~Potterhead