The Beginning of the End

"What if she doesn't wake up before we leave?"

"I feel like we've been in this situation one too many times this year. Who was on Mara watch when this happened?"

"At least she looks better than what she did yesterday. Or the day before...or the day before...or that night."

"Are you done reminding us how long she's been asleep or are you going to keep doing that?"

"Actually," I croak quietly, "It's Ron's job to remind us of how bad things are. Otherwise how would we know if they were bad?" I crack a small smile as I open my eyes, then quickly close them due to yet again how bright the room was.

Slowly opening my eyes, I take in my surroundings. The familiar smell and sights of the Hospital Wing greets me, as well as Harry, Ron, Hermine, OJ, Reg, Le, Fred, and George. I start to move to sit up when Harry rushes over to help me, Reg positioning the pillows so I have something to lean on.

"Bloody hell Mars," OJ chuckles, "you look worse than I do after a full moon."

Her statement made me freeze. No one knew besides me, Reg, Le, Dad and-

"I told them," OJ sent me a small smile. "They would've figured it out anyways after they linked Lupin's symptoms to my own."

"But we were the only ones that knew about Pop?" I ask, my brows furrowing.

Harry scoffs. "Yeah, until he told the whole school the next morning after 'Mione and I rescued your Dad from getting a kiss from the Demen-"

"Dad was about to be kissed by a vacuum!?"

Le laughs. "I told you guys this was how it was going to happen."

"Amara, after you passed out-"

"Which was awful, "Harry cuts her off and sends me a stern look. "Me and your fathers were freaking out, Sirius taught that you didn't have a pulse for a minute there. He insisted that he carried you out, terrified of anything else happening to you."

I chuckle. "I am known for my dramatic flare-"

"Anyways," Hermione continues. "Professor Lupin transformed under the moon and Pettigrew escaped-"

"He what?!"

"It's alright, not an important detail at the moment. Anyways, Sirius went to help distract him from us when Professor Snape woke up, and Harry followed Sirius after he went after Professor Lupin-"

I scoff. "Of course he would. When does Harry ever stay in safe situations?"

He rolls his eyes. "Says the one who was in a coma for three days because of a major concussion."

"But did I choose to get a concussion or spend three days sleeping because of it? No. No I did not." I look at Hermione. "Continue."

"And after getting help for Ron and I-mainly Ron because of his leg, I only had the scratch from the Willow-Snape went and collected you and Sirius after the both of them were attacked by Dementors."

"They didn't-"

"No, we went and saved him and Buckbeak," Hermione responds, a smile on her face.

I smirked. "So they found out about the Time Turner, huh?"

Ron's jaw dropped to the floor. "Are you telling us that even Amara knew about you having that?!"

"I figured it out after Christmas," I grin, "you were just too busy holding useless grudges to see what was happening. Anyways, what happened next? Why did Snape out Pop? Wait-where is he? He isn't-"