A Memory Good Enough to Conjure a Patronus (and a not so good one)

Since Dad's attempt to murder Pettigrew that night (Pop updated me on what happened the next day since I was too panicked the night of the incident itself) none of us have been allowed out of the castle since, save for when we have a class outside of it, which we are then escorted by the teacher, which means that I haven't seen Dad in almost three months, and I haven't been able to help Pop or OJ for their full moons either, which is so much worse. Not to mention the stress of the whole situation has been affecting everyone- 'Mione even quit Divination, not that any of us blame her.

"Well at least one good thing came out of Buckbeak's trial," Reg commented at breakfast, causing me, OJ, and Le to turn and stare at her. "Ron and Hermione are talking again, and upon good ol' Marrie here having a panic attack when her Dad decided to pay him a visit, he started talking to her again."

"You know Reg, sometimes you truly concern me," OJ says with a chuckle as she takes a bite of her toast.

"You're one to talk OJ," Le nudges her shoulder laughing along with the rest of us.

"Speaking of," Le lowers her voice, leaning in, "have you heard anything from-"

I shake my head, confirming her answer. "I haven't heard anything from him. Pop relays some messages from him, but it's too dangerous for a letter or gift or anything like that," I sigh, "this just sucks so much. It's not bloody fair-"

"We know Am, trust me we do," Reg says, grabbing my hand, and the other girls follow suit. "If anyone deserves a chance at a happy family-even one as crazy as the one you got-it's you."

"And you're going to get it, or so help me Merlin I'll kill the bloody rat myself...maybe I'll try to hunt it down the next moon..." OJ ponders.

"Is your Pop mad at him at all?" Reg asks.

"Surprisingly no. Apparently once I made it to them from my encounter with Pettigrew they were already planning something, and once my encounter with the rat happened, Dad snapped."

"I don't blame him," Le says.

"Oh I don't either, I just wish that there was a way for us to clear my Dad's name so the real murderer can suffer for his crimes."I say, finishing my toast. "Alright, on to a happier subject, you ready to lose today OJ?" I smirk, knowing that in less than three hours we'd be facing each other on the pitch for the Quidditch cup.

"You speak very proudly for someone who's going to lose," OJ smirks.

"Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that Gryffindor's going to come out on top this year-maybe not for the house cup, but at least for the Quidditch Cup," Reg says.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Reg," Le jokes, causing us all to burst into laughter again, when Harry walks up to me.

"Hey, Amara, can you come with me? Oliver wants to talk to me and I don't want to be alone for another one of his pre-game panics."

I chuckle, remembering the last time that Harry was put through that. "Of course Wonderboy, let's go. I'll see you in the changing rooms Reg, OJ I will see you on the pitch, and Le, I'll see you after the game." I quickly stand and follow Harry out of the Great Hall, once the doors close behind us I turn to Harry.

"Okay, I was the one to witness his pre-game panic-which you helped me calm him down, so what did you really need me for?" I chuckle, and Harry goes just a bit red.

"Well two things. One, I need help dragging Ron out of the library-I never in my life thought that I would say that-and two, I wanted to ask how you and your Pop are doing, since you haven't really talked about it since it happened and I wanted to know if you were okay-"