1 - new york is calling

(The first few chapters are quite short but they get longer I promise! This one is basically just the back story of y/n.)

In my total of 15 years on this planet, I've never had any close friends. Some have come and gone over the years, but homeschooling never really helped either. That is until my genius of a mother got a call from a faraway college asking her to teach physics at their school!

She was my whole world. She brought me up, taught me about the wonders of science, I became a bit of an inventor as well! She taught me piano, the laws of physics and quantum physics, the biology of mammals and plants, how to build and fix all sorts of tech, all in 15 years! I can't imagine my life without her.

My father on the other hand, according to my mother, died in a horrible scientific experiment just before I was born, but I had always doubted that. But I never really knew why I needed a dad anyway, everything I knew I learned from my mum, and I knew a hell of a lot of stuff, about everything!

Anyway, I never really went to school because my mum taught me everything, so I didn't have that many friends, only my mom's friends and that's it really. And she didn't have a job because of the fortune my father left behind after he died. So when I heard that my mum was taking a full-time job again, I was so excited that I'd be going to an actual school, and even better, a science school!