11 - bonding evening, part 2

(The next morning, Peter's pov)

Y/n hadn't texted me last night but that was okay, I'm sure she was just having fun. But just as I sat down for breakfast, she texted me.

Y/n: Sorry I didn't text last night, I was super tired!

Me: Oh, it's fine, so how did it go?

Y/n: Really well actually, we had loads of fun!!

Me: Fun doing what exactly?

Y/n: Full of questions today Parker!

Y/n: We had pizzas and watched Legally Blonde, then had a makeover and a photo shoot.

Me: Wow, sounds amazing! Any chance I get to see some photos?

Y/n: Hell no! They're super embarrassing, even I felt weird looking at myself all dressed up!

Me: Oh come on, I'm sure you looked amazing.

Y/n: I mean, I did look amazing, it just felt strange because I never look that good!

Me: You always look good, y/n!

Y/n: Wait, you really mean that?

Me: Yeah, of course!

Y/n: Ok now you're definitely not seeing my photos!

Me: What, whyyy?

Eager much Peter? Ugh, I need to tone it down!

Y/n: Because then you'll look at the photos and be like 'wow' then look back at me looking all meh.

Me: That'll never happen, but sure, whatever you want.

Y/n: Ok well I gtg now, I'll see you at school :)

Me: Okay :)

That was really weird, I mean, I was being really weird. I hope she didn't take it the wrong way when I asked to see the photoshoot results, although I did seem a little too eager. Oh well, that was then, and I'll see her at school soon anyway so hopefully that'll clear things up.

Ned, y/n, and MJ were already at the gate when I got there, and we had a pretty normal day. Just average lessons, hanging out at break and lunch, and so on. But y/n seemed really distracted throughout the day.

I guessed it was about this evening, with Toby, but I didn't want to bring it up because she seemed quite tired of the subject. So I decided to bring up something more light-hearted. I waited until lunch to ask her when we were all sat down.

"So, y/n, if you're not doing anything tomorrow, I'm free to hang out."

She looked up and gave me a weak smile.

"Sure, where do you wanna go?"

"Umm, there's a nice ice cream place a few blocks from my place if you wanna go there?"

"Sure, I love ice cream! What's the place called?"

"Uhh, Scoops Ahoy I think," as soon as I said this y/n burst out laughing.

"That's a ridiculous name but it sounds fun!"

"Great, I'll meet you there at 11?"

"Sure," she replied with a grin. 

I caught up with her after school again, just hoping she's ok.

"Hey, y/n!"

"Oh, hey, Peter." She sounded a little down