5 - friends to the end

Y/n pov

Peter, Ned, MJ, and I became very close over the next few weeks, hanging out regularly, studying together, taking turns to go to each others' houses and watch Star Wars. (MJ obviously did not participate in that activity). We had lots of fun and laughs, I'd even caught Peter staring and smiling at me sometimes, for some reason.

Anyway, this week was my turn to 'host' the studying because we had a physics test on Friday and it was my turn for everyone to come over. My mom was completely okay with this, in fact, she strongly encouraged it! She loved how well I was fitting in and is always pleased to see my friends.

(Thursday at lunch)

"So," I started, "everyone is cool for after school right, to study?"

"Actually, I have this family thing so I can't come, so I'll just study on my way home instead," MJ said.

"That's fine, just call if you need any help."

"Umm, I think you'll find you'll be the one calling me for help!" She said in her usual half-sarcastic tone. I just chuckled and rolled my eyes.

"Peter and Ned, you guys are still good though right?"

Peter looked up from his lunch, "Oh, yeah totally"

"Meet at the field after school yeah?" Ned asked, knowing what the answer would be.

"Yes, Ned, our usual meeting place."

Lunch ended quicker than I expected today, and at the sound of the bell, we all packed up and went out separate ways for our next class.

(Skip to after school)

When I got to the field, Ned and Peter were already there talking quietly, and as they saw me coming they rushingly and awkwardly ended their conversation and greeted me with a kind of fake smile, as if to cover up what just happened. I didn't bother bringing it up, probably just some weird boy stuff.

Once we got to my house, I noticed my mom's car in the driveway which made me happy because I usually don't see her until quite late, and she likes to say 'hi' to my friends.

I opened the door to our small contemporary house. Inside, down the hall, was an open kitchen-dining room, with a lounge to the left, and the stairs to the left as you walk in. Also a study to the right for my mom.

Upstairs there were two bedrooms, each with a bathroom and a fairly large closet. Of course, we had my father's money, but we didn't want something too fancy or screaming 'rich'. We were comfortable here, even though I like how homey Peter's apartment was.

We dropped our stuff by the front door and just took our bags with us to my room. My room had a double bed in the middle with the wall behind it painted a sage green and the rest were white. Opposite my bed was a built-in wardrobe with sliding doors and to the right of that was my desk, which sat under my window. My room was decorated with LED lights and vines etc. and pictures of my mom and me on different vacations together.

Peter and Ned made themselves comfortable on my light-brown carpeted floor, and I went to the kitchen to grab some snacks. I didn't see my mom, she was probably in her study doing some school work, I decided not to bother her as she probably heard me come home anyway.

When I came back, the same thing happened as earlier on, on the field. Peter hushed Ned as I came up the stairs towards my room, hands full of snacks. I was getting a little suspicious now.

I reached where the boys were sitting and I opened my arms over them, releasing packets of potato chips and candy all over them and their books.

"Y/n! Seriously?" Peter said, with an annoyed tone to his voice.