23 - here for you

(Peter's pov)

As soon as I took y/n to the emergency department, I changed back from my new suit and went back into the hospital as Peter.

I stayed with her every step of the way, keeping May updated and waiting for her mom to arrive. Within about 20 minutes she did, rushing into the foyer looking for a familiar face.

"Miss Y/l/n!"

"Peter! Thank God you're here! Where is she? How is she doing?"

"She's okay I think, the doctors are running some tests to see what happened."

"Okay. How did you find her?"

"Oh...um, you told my Aunt right? Well, I was near here when she told me that Spider-man had found her so I rushed over here to see her, but they had already taken her in."

"Right, well I'm glad you're here, she really missed you when you were on vacation."

"Really?"

"Yeah, she was talking to one of the employees at this ice cream place, I'm pretty sure about you."

Did she go to talk to Steve too? Man, he really is like a therapist or something! I guess that's how she got to the movie theatre, I know of a back entranceway in there through Scoops.

A lady dressed in white and blue clothes came through the hallway.

"Is Miss Y/l/n here yet?"

Her eyes widened.

"Yes, I'm here!"

"Can you come with me please?"

"Yes, of course."

I stayed behind, but y/n's mom turned back and ushered me over. We walked through a few hallways, past many different rooms, until we got to y/n's room.

She was asleep, looking weary and pale, with many bruises and cuts.

"Oh, my baby," y/n's mom said as she went to the seat next to the bed and cried. 

"She'll probably be okay, but we're not exactly sure what happened. All we know is that she had a lot of blood drained, so she'll need some time to regain her strength, and we found something else in her blood. Something unknown."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, there are traces of liquid that we have no idea as to what it is in her blood, and it seems to have been used with something else to trigger some parts of her neurological system."

Despite me and her mom being very clever, we both gave the doctor the exact same confused look.

"In simpler terms," she explained, "this serum has been used along with something else to mess up parts of her brain, triggering her thoughts, memories, and her nerves are weak so getting her to move and walk and so on again will be tough."

I was actually quite surprised at how accurate what she thought had happened was, but then again horrified at the result of what had happened did to her.

Y/n's mom placed her face in her palms in despair.

"Thank you, doctor," I said, then she left us alone. I guess now she was in better care, there wasn't much more I could do to help, other than visit her, every day until she's okay.

..........................................................................................................................................................

(Two days later, y/n's pov)

I woke up, yet again, to a dazzling light blinding me, but this time the whole room was light. I figured out pretty quickly that I was in a hospital, and I tried to look around but it hurt.