26 - the plan

(The next day, y/n's pov)

Today I had a weird urge to braid my hair, so I did two lose french braids, along with some wide blue jeans and a brown belt, a cropped white blouse and a brown jacket.

I had some toast and an apple before packing my bag and heading to school. Peter wasn't at the front gate but I texted him this morning so I knew he was coming.

I went over to my locker, the corridor was relatively empty, but I was a little early.

As I was about to close my locker I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, and some kisses on my cheek.

I turned around to see Peter in a very good mood, smiling from ear to ear.

"Someone's had their coffee this morning!" I remarked. "Did you tell May about us?"

"I did!"

"How did she take it?"

"Very, very well! She got all excited and enthusiastic about it. I'm also pretty sure she's invited you round for dinner every day for the rest of your life!" He smiled and I laughed.

"Well, she's very kind!" I said.

"So how did your mom react?"

"Umm, I haven't told her yet." I felt kind of bad seeing as Peter told May and I didn't tell my mom so I guess he was a little disappointed.

"Oh, did something happen, or..?"

"No, I just didn't know how to tell her. This whole dating thing is really new to me, and I don't want her to be angry, or disappointed or something seeing as this is the first time she'll be hearing that her daughter has a boyfriend."

"Oh, that's okay. Don't feel like I'm forcing you to tell her, just...whenever you're ready and whenever you think she'd be ready to hear it."

I was kind of glad that I was Peter's first girlfriend as well as him being my first boyfriend, because we'll experience all our 'firsts' together. It was quite nice.

"Thanks Peter, you always have the best advice," I said, and kissed him.

"Betty," we heard a voice come from near by and immediately pulled away. "You owe me $10 now," MJ said walking towards us, Betty and Ned following.

"What? $10 for what?" I asked.

"Oh come on," MJ said, "don't pretended like you didn't just kiss right in front of us."

Peter coughed awkwardly and I just stood there.

"We had a bet," Ned clarified.

"Yeah we got that, thanks Ned," Peter said.

"Yes, Peter and I are dating. Congratulations MJ on winning your bet! I didn't know using your friends to make money was a thing but you're welcome," I said.

"Whoa, that was cold, y/n!" Ned said.

"Nah, it's okay," MJ said, "at least I saw it coming, you were clueless for months!"

"Okay, okay, break it up," Peter said, putting himself between MJ and me.

I just started giggling, and so did MJ. Peter and Ned looked very confused and it was hilarious.

"Guys we were kidding," I laughed, and Betty joined us.

"Yeah, I'm actually really happy for you, y/n," MJ said.

"I'm so confused right now, did you guys plan to trick us or something?" Ned said.

"No, when would we have had time to plan this?" I said.