Chapter Sixteen- Getting Ready

"You do realize that the pack hates me, right?"

"The pack doesn't hate you" He looked at me in surprise.

"Yes it does, you saw their reaction to me. What makes you think they will respect me as their Luna?" I replied angrily. I got out of Blake's lap and stormed out of our room. And of course, he followed me.

"If they don't respect you, then they don't deserve to be in this pack." He stated firmly. I stopped walking and turned around, staring at him in shock.

"What?" I whispered. He walked up to me and his hand carressed my cheek.

"You are worthy of my respect, therefore, you are worthy of theirs. And if they believe otherwise, then they do not belong in my pack. In our pack." My eyes almost started to tear up at his words. Almost. I threw my arms around him, and he wrapped his around me.

"Thank you." I whispered, barely able to speak. His words were so pure, and full of truth. I believed him, I couldn't help it. I pulled back from him and smiled.

"When will I meet them formally?" He smiled at me, happy that I agreed.

"Tomorrow is the next full moon so, we will hold it then." I nodded, suddenly excited. I would be Luna, just like the mother I never knew.

"Can Jinx come?"

"Of course, anything for my mate." He said, rather dramatically too. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Thanks baby," I leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. He grinned at me and pulled me after him. We walked down to the dining room, and he ordered Italian from the chefs. He said it was because of Jinx and I's time in Italy.

I told him all about my races, and what it felt like to be in one. He listened the entire time, never once interrupting me. I loved talking to him, mostly because he would actually listen. After dessert we finished our conversation in our room. We were lying on the bed watching TV when Blake suddenly turned to me.

"How are you so strong after everything that you have been through?" The question had caught me off guard. I was debating on whether or not to tell him, when he spoke again.

"Just tell me the truth, I will find out eventually anyway." He had a point.

"Well, ever since I can remember, I have been abused, and hurt, until I became stronger. I was whipped, burned, tattooed, and many other tortures. They said they would make me stronger, and they did. But they also made me heartless, I lost my compassion for others." My voice broke at the end, I felt empty inside. It broke my heart that I couldn't feel anything for anyone, except my mate.

"Baby, I am so sorry that you had to experience that. How did you deal with it?" His eyes were full of sympathy and pain, as he pulled me against his chest. I rested my head his shoulder and let my hand rest on his chest.

"I didn't really. I had no choice but to learn to ignore the pain. I figured out a way to no linger feel it, and that is why I have such a high tolerance for it. But the scars are still there."

"What scars?"

"I am covered in them, you just didn't see because most of them are on my back. Along with my angel wing tattoo, it covers my back. Here, I'll show you." I sat up and pulled off my shirt, revealing my back to him. I turned my head to see him stare at my back. His hand came up and traced along the lines of the wings, carved into my back.

"Why do you have this tattoo?" My body tensed at the memory, but Blake's touch instantly calmed me.

"When I was 13, they said they wanted me to remember that pain is always the result of everything. So they gave me an angels wings, but I had to endure the pain that came with it." I looked at Blake again, and his eyes were full of sorrow and anger.