Chapter Seventeen- Big Mistake

Blake and I walked outside, hand in hand. In the front yard, a small stage had been set up. The whole pack was there, several hundred in all. It was a large pack, on average there were between 200 and 400 pack members. This pack had close to 1,000.

Blake led me towards the stage, and told me to wait at the bottom of the steps. The chatter that had once filled the air became quiet, as Blake stepped onto the stage. His voice was strong, and deep as it rang out from his place on the stage.

"As most of you know, we are here tonight to welcome your new Luna. Some of you know her as my mate, others just know her as a new member." He looked over to me, and gestured for me to come up. I walked up and over to him. He put an arm around my waist.

"My name is Raven Blackwood, daughter of the late Luna Blackwood. Almost all of you know me from either yesterday, or the day I fought to earn a place in the pack." I took a deep breath before continuing.

"I know many of you are scared of me, after what you saw yesterday, so I will explain it to you so you may be less afraid. My mother was a werewolf, my father was a Hunter. I grew up as a Hunter, but shifted when I turned 16. I later found out that I can shift into any wolf form that I want. But my very first wolf, is a black wolf, close to the size of Alpha Blake's. There is one thing that separates me from other wolves that I may look like, my eyes remain gold." I explained, looking at the ground, and avoiding their stares. I didn't like what some of them held, pure hatred.

"I am telling you this so you will not fear me, as much. You all are afraid of the unknown, and now that it is known, you will fear me for a different reason." Blake, rubbed his hand up and down, where it was resting between my waist and hip.

"You are expected to give your Luna respect, because she is worthy of it. She will make our pack stronger, and hold us together. We are the strongest pack in North America, and your Luna is the strongest wolf I have ever seen. Accept her, or leave this pack." His gaze swept over the crowd, daring them to not accept me as Luna. I was shocked when no one moved, they accepted me, I thought.

Of course they did, Blake has a way with words you know, Akira sighed almost dreamily. I inwardly rolled my eyes at her.

"Very well then, oh and one more thing. Raven is more commonly known as Blazing Storm. And Burning Thunder is here as well, her name is Jinx." Blake announced. Jinx ran up onto the stage and grinned at the awed faces. Hushed whispers ran through the crowd, not believing that Jinx and I were there.

"And now the Binding Ceremony will begin." Someone handed Blake a wooden box. It was small, and the wood was mahogany. He opened it to reveal a small, silver dagger surrounded in velvet.

He carefully drew it out and slid it across his hand. Blood began to pool in his palm, and he handed the dagger to me. I did the same, watching my blood pool in my hand.

He put his hand next to mine and spoke words I had heard in other packs many times before.

"Repeat after me, quatenus pravis, ego pono animam meam ut cedendo ac ceterorum. Et sanguinem eis, et introduces eos in angustia temporum. Servieritis tuendi mei, erit donec sanguinis inquinavit terram." He spoke in Latin. I repeated his words, taking my oath to protect and serve the pack until my blood stained the Earth. I suddenly felt a large pressure in my head. I felt faint, and would have fallen over if not for Blake's arm around me.

"The party is in the back. Tonight we celebrate our Luna's arrival!" Everyone cheered and ran towards our backyard. Blake turned to me.

"Are you alright?" Blake frowned at me. The pressure in my head got stronger, and it felt like my skull was being crushed. I put my heads to my head to help, but it did nothing. I heard Blake curse multiple times, before I was carried bridal style to our room. He gently set me on the bed.