Chapter Twenty-Six: Despair

Pain ripped through my body as I hit the ground, hard. My legs collapsed from under me and I fell onto my side. I gasped at the waves of pains from my fall and the shot at my leg.

Hands roughly grabbed my arms and hoisted me to my feet. I cried out once more when I put pressure on my left leg.

Looking down I saw a large hole in my left thigh, and blood pouring from the open wound. My teeth were clenched against the pain I still felt from my fall.

I looked up to see that I fell almost thirty feet. Dizziness formed in my head when I looked down too quickly.

Dark spots flooded my vision as several men began to drag me back towards the pack's cells. I caught sight of the familiar man I had previously spoken to, before everything went black.

***********

I heard faint voices amidst my otherwise silent darkness. Nothing could be seen or heard except the now single distinct voice.

I tried to open my eyes, but they were extremely heavy, along with the rest of my body. Not a single limb could be moved, but I was determined to open my eyes to see whom the familiar voice belonged to.

Slowly, my eyelids lifted and a bright light met my eyes. I squinted against it, and my eyes quickly adjusted.

A shadowy figure came into focus, and I immediately recognized my mate's face. My lifeless lips lifted into a large grin at the sight of Blake's face.

He smiles back and his hand caressed my cheek.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked softly. I could hear my wolf purr at his deep voice.

"Confused, and content," I said with a small chuckle.

"That's good to know," Blake replied with an upturned eyebrow at my last word. I smiled at him.

"How did I get here, last I checked I was being dragged somewhere after falling out of a tall tree. Oh, and getting shot too," I said recalling the past events. After looking around, I realized I was in Blake's bed, wearing a shirt of his.

"We figured out where you were, by interrogating a rogue we caught, apparently they are working with whoever kidnapped you. My pack and I attacked the wolves holding you and got you out. You were unconscious and had a poisonous bullet in your left thigh. Aspen had to surgically remove it." He explained, and I sat up, staring with wide eyes.

"What kind of poison?" Was all I was able to say in my state of shock.

"Venenum. It is extremely deadly and should have killed you, but once again it had no effect." Blake looked confused, I laughed because I understood completely.

"I'm immune to Venenum. The Hunters gave me small doses of it as a child, and gradually increased until I was completely immune. There is only one thing I didn't understand about all of the things they put me through," I said with furrowed brows.

"What's that?"

"They never did them to anyone else," I replied blatantly.

"By the way, you are completely healed." Blake said when I took a move to get out of the bed.

"Okay, and I guess that's a good thing because I have missed you so much," I got out the bed and walked over to Blake, standing on my toes, and kissing his lips.

He smiled and kissed me back, hard. My hands wove around his neck, and I was pushed back onto the bed. Blake leaned over me, his hands on either side of my head.

"I missed you too," he said with a grin before assaulting my mouth with his.

My chest heaved as Blake's tongue pried my lips apart, and explored my mouth. Sparks erupted from everywhere he touched me.

I moaned softly as his hands ran through my hair. I felt him smile against my mouth at the sound. When I pulled away for air, he continued his assault down my neck.

My fingers tugged at Blake's dark hair when his tongue slid over my mark. I gasped at the sudden pleasure that rolled in waves down my body.

His hands slid from my hair, down to my hips. Suddenly, I was lying on top of Blake as he flipped us over.

I straddled his hips and tore off the shirt I was wearing, revealing my bare chest. I grinned when Blake's eyes became ice blue.

I tore off Blake's shirt and shamelessly ran my eyes over his mouth watering torso. His hands gripped my hips once more, and he pulled me impossibly closer.

He kissed me passionately once more, and I let my hands wander over every single one of his well-defined muscles. His abs were hard, and his skin was hot to the touch.

I was briefly aware that Blake was rocking my hips against his as our tongues fought for dominance. He let out a groan of pleasure and flipped us again so he was on top.

I wrapped my legs around his waist and pulled him closer to me. His hands caressed my body. They cupped my breasts, and he began massaging them very slowly.

I let out a moan as Blake left a trail of wet kisses down the middle of my chest. My body shuddered and I closed my eyes, as he moved down towards my panties.

Flames erupted from every part of my body, and my body was bursting with want. I opened my eyes, and found darkness.

***********

Blake was gone, and I was alone. I blinked in confusion before realizing what just happened. I let out a small whine and my wolf whimpered.

It was a dream.